Chapter 64: The day we met again

Albus POV:

When I opened my eyes, I found myself staring at a book. My heart kick started again as I was shocked beyond belief. Was I not just not entering the house through the back gate with Ariana? Had I not died seconds before that? It all seemed a very long time ago, maybe a year, it also felt like a blur, like the memories were there but didn't feel as if it had occurred.....like it hadn't happened at all.

I soon realised upon skimming the page that this was, indeed, Tales of Beedle the Bard, in my hands right now. But I gave my copy to Hermione? I thought...I only vaguely remember it but tried to make it clearer. It didn't work and only made me more confused. What is happening? There was a knock at the door that interrupted my thoughts, making me look up to realise that I was in Godric's Hollow sat on my steps like I used to do. How very, very strange.

'Albus!' A women's voice called me, a very familiar woman's voice, who it belonged to I immediately knew, that memory was not fuzzed with the rest but so clear to me right now more than anything else. Just as I had thought, my mother appeared at the door of the kitchen, 'Albus, could you please get the door? I'm incredibly busy preparing dinner,'

I stared up at her for a second, taking in her features and voice as it all came flooding back to me. How is she alive?

'Albus? Is everything alright?' She asked, concerned before the door went again and she hurried me on, 'Can you please get the door?'

I snapped back into it, 'Oh ummm...yes mother, yes of course, sorry,' I got to my feet quicker than I had expected and on my way to the door noticed that I was, in fact, eighteen again. I would be shocked, and I was, but not as much as I was about my mother being here and I had to focus on getting the door.

When I opened it, I saw a woman, appearing to be in her fifties, looking up at me eagerly. I recognised her immediately as our neighbor Bathilda Bagshot, someone who I consider myself to be very good friends with.

'Bathilda!' I greeted her, 'What brings you here?'

Her expression changed as she now seemed more surprised than anything, 'Oh...you've heard of me?'

I frowned, extremely confused as she seemed to be treating me as if I didn't know her at all, 'Of course,' I said hesitantly, 'You're our neighbour,'

Her smiled returned, 'Well, yes but we only recently moved here so I've been going round and inviting everyone to tea at mine some time to socialise,'

I tried to form words but I wasn't sure how to respond. What is happening here? 'Ummm...we?' I questioned at the mention of another person I involved, does she has a husband now too?

'Yes, my nephew and I,' she nodded, her grin widening at mentioning him, 'He's around your age, he attended Durmstrang but left early because he had already taken the exams, very bright.'

Her nephew? I knew exactly who she was talking about but upon explaining him to me the story seemed a little disjointed, a little too good. I tried to contain my hope and although I desperately wanted to see if this was true, I couldn't just storm over there like a mad man, I'm already acting strange.

'We'd love to accept your offer thank you...your nephew also sounds very interesting...will he be attending?' I asked as subtly as I could.

Bathilda responded, 'Definitely, in fact, it might do him some good to make some friends, he's always kept to himself,'

I nodded along, 'I see...well I'll look forward to it, send us an owl of the times, good afternoon to you,'

'Thankyou and to you,' she said politely, leaving my house. I watched her go before stepping outside my door to look around. Well it looks the same, but I can tell that it is not.