Chapter 45: The Chamber Of Secrets

Albus POV:

My mouth went dry as I had no idea what I was suppose to do. The red liquid dripped down the ancient stone walls. Fresh. I felt a shiver down my spine as I wondered where the blood had come from. I think I'd rather not know.

'The Chamber Of Secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir beware.'

It can't be real, besides, the school has been searched many times for the chamber but it's never been discovered. The heir? I don't think someone could have found the entrance even if they are a descendant. It's probably just a joke.....But I know better than to doubt something. As I began to walk to the headmaster's office, I went over the legend in my head, quickening my pace. That will never happen, not to my students. Without knocking, I burst into Dippet's room.
'Headmaster!' I panted.
He jumped a little, 'Dumbledore, I'll have you know I'm very busy so if you could just-'
'You have to come with me! It's urgent!' I know he doesn't like me for what I did but I don't particularly like myself for it either. But Dippet is the type of Headmaster who puts his students welfare before his grudges so followed me to where the message was now surrounded by curios students. They whispered and mumbled to themselves.
'The Chamber Of Secrets?'
'Yeh that old myth.'
'Rubbish!'
'No ones even found it.'
'Who on earth is the heir?'
'Idiot! There isn't one!'
Dippet lifted his hand and the group fell silent, 'All Of you will head to your dormitories immediately,' The prefects began to lead them out until there was no one there but teachers more came to look at the message.
'What should we do?' Mcgonagall asked
'I'll alert the Ministry Of Magic, other than that we must monitor everything that goes on here. For all we know this could just be a prank.' Dippet nodded his head before walking back to his office.
'It's real blood.' I said to the rest of them
Slughorn raised his eyebrows, 'Is that so?'
Mcgonagall grimaced, 'What student would do such a thing?'
'Well it could be a teacher Mcgonagall.' Slughorn pointed out.
Mcgonagall rolled her eyes when she was sure he wasn't looking.
'Let's not be too hasty.' I said hesitantly, not wanting to upset either of them, 'we should listen to Dippet and if anything happens, assess the situation from then.' The teachers nodded in agreement before dispersing. As I walked back to my room a dark thought crossed my mind..........Tom. But...it couldn't be true? Tom wouldn't do such a thing. Sure he's a little troubled but all he needs is guidance, besides, he's doing really well in school and there's been hardly any incidents with the students. In fact, morning at all. I have no reason to believe it was him...but he speaks Parseltongue, he told me the day I met him. Quite a rare gift...unless your ancestor is Salazar Slytherin. I'm just letting my thoughts get ahead of me, Tom is innocent. The fact I found him wondering the corridors at night, something that is against the school rules, prior to the incident is merely a coincidence. That being said, it's my duty as a teacher to report it. It's reasonably late at night, I wonder how the other students managed to see the message. Sure it was only a few but...did they know? They wouldn't risk being out of bed for nothing, especially not all of them. Very strange.

It was another class with the 4 troubles, god knows how I've managed to survive with them in my class constantly causing mischief. Luckily, it also means I get an opportunity to talk to Tom. Although I don't think it's him, I still need to ask. Whilst teacher I also happened to notice the obvious tension between James and Severus. Of course I've known they never liked each other but today appeared differently. Severus seemed as if he wasn't talking to Lily either, which is peculiar since they're best friends. I also realised the definite change in James' behaviour in class, he hardly caused any disruption at all. He also held a very long gaze with Lily...I see. It's funny how I analyse things from afar, observing the lives of my students. Not weirdly, it's just a nice distraction from my own life. I care for my students as if they were my children, since I won't have any of my own. As soon as the lesson had finished I approached Tom, 'Excuse me Tom, could you stay behind for a few moments.' I asked
I could see he was frustrated I had bothered him, but to me that was a normal reaction from a teenager, 'Of course sir, what is it?'
I stepped towards him, 'Last night...there was a message written on the wall in blood, have you already heard?'
He held his own hands, 'Yes it is rather peculiar isn't it?'
His actions were rather out of character and it was making me uneasy, 'The corridor it was in just so happened to be the one you were leaving when I saw you last night.'
Tom furrowed his brows, 'How very odd...you're not assuming it's me Professor?'
I gave him a stern look, 'I should hope not,'
Grinning, he replied, 'You didn't see any blood on my hands now did you Professor? I was in the library like I told you,' he paused, 'If you don't mind I'll be going now. Slughorn may favour me but if I'm late to a lesson it doesn't lessen my punishment.' He beamed as he left me class. I was hoping my chat with him would give me hope and that it would prove him innocent. Instead my suspicions worsened. Everything he said sounded so patronising, like he was speaking to a child. I had told Dippet now so there wasn't much more I could do than just wait. Which I have to do anyway. It's painful. I've debated on sending an owl before...to Gellert. Just to see if he'll reply. It's not like I didn't try that, but that was years ago. I'm unable to do it now because the risk is so much greater. If the ministry find my owl they'll think I'm on his side again and it'll be another mess I'll have to clean up. It's awful what's happening at school, if The Chamber Of Secrets truly has been opened the students will be in terrible danger. But I'll do my best to help the situation and solve what's going on. Not only am I doing something productive but it's another distraction. Most my life is spent looking for something to occupy myself, if I don't then I'm left with my own thoughts. And trust me they're not the happiest of things.

Chamber of Secrets. Evil Tom Riddle who? I only know Lord Voldemort.
Explanation for last chapter:

Gellert had the dreams because of the bloodpacr, hear me out. Part of Gellert is inside the blood back because he made a magically binding contract with his blood meaning he will forever be connected with it. The blood pact made him have those dreams about Albus because they made it during the time Gellert was dreaming about, it was able to impersonate Albus so well because he is also a part of the blood pact. The blood pact can't be broken or damaged on the outside so the damage only effected the inside of the pact. The last dream Gellert had, dream Albus had bruises on his arms because real Albus had been throwing the blood pact around. When dream Albus walked into the lake it was because real Albus had tried to drown the blood pact in poison but it didn't touch the actual blood pact, only the dream Albus inside. 
Hope that made sense, if you have any questions feel free to dm me or comment :)