Chapter 20: Will We Die, Just a Little?

Albus POV:

My head rested in my hands. Tears threatening my eyes. All your fault. All your fault. All your fault. I had woke up like this. Thoughts speaking louder than usual, my head pounding with anger. At myself. I leant against the wall, my legs crossed on my sheets, it was strange. This wasn't like normal, I didn't have trouble breathing, there was no sharp pain in my chest. My thoughts were just extremely loud and caused my emotions to heighten. I need to get up. I moved my legs over the side of the bed, placing my feet on the floor. Hauling myself to my feet, I then got changed into my usual suit. Newt had arrived in New York around a couple months ago, the incidents had continued to get worse and I had received word his Beasts had managed to get out. I should of known he would get into trouble. I was waiting on any more news about the obscurial, which I knew Newt would suspect since he has also seen one. No doubt Gellert is close to finding it. It was cold, winter was only just leaving. I browsed through the coats in my cupboard, my eyes fixed on the few I kept separating. My hand stroked down the old fashioned fabric. Gellert. I coughed before picking one of mine and slamming the door shut. My hands in my pocket as I made my way down the lonely stone corridors of the early morning, it was six but I like getting an early start.

Gellert POV:

My eyes stared in bewilderment, Credence stood behind the pile of bricks that had just been knocked down. It was him.
'Credence, I owe you an apology.' I said, regretful I may of ruined my chance with the hurtful things I said about him before.
'I trusted you.' He whispered, 'I thought you were my friend, I thought you were different.'
'You can control it, Credence.' I replied, trying to tread lightly, I angered him and from what Albus told me about Ariana, if I did that it would end badly.
'I don't think I want to, Mr Graves.' He said, his eyes whitening. Suddenly, he explodes into a black mass, swirling past me, magic spurting out of it. So that's what Ariana was like. I watched as he smashed through buildings and swarmed past cars. This was the weapon I needed. It dawned upon me that the ministry would want to destroy him, I needed to get to him before it was too late. Rushing through the streets, I saw Credence.
'With this inside you Credence!' I yelled, 'It's a miracle!' I was getting desperate to acquire his power, 'Come with me.'
I heard a shout, 'Mr Graves!' I turned around to see Tina cast a spell at me which I immediately deflected. She meekly sent others which I blocked. Our spells met. As I tried to push hers back I said, 'Tina, you're always turning up when you're least wanted.' I needed to go after Credence. I sent a burning car towards her before apparating away.

The stones crunched beneath my shoes as I walked along the train track. Newt was trying to get to him. I shot a spell, causing him to roll over and dodged behind a wall as I sent a second one. I blocked one of his before lifting him briefly in front of a moving train, trying to scare him. He blocked my spells too so I sent an electric charge down the train tracks where he stood. Newt lay there stunned. I started to get carried away. I swung my wand and hit him with another electric charge, I repeated this several times. Until I looked up at the ceiling, the obscuris crawling along the tiles.
'Credence.' I whispered, apparating to the side to avoid his attack. Ministry officials started to charge into the train station, Tina and Newt tried to calm him down, I allowed it because I thought I could steer him towards my side once he wasn't so unstable. The ministry officials looked like they were about to attack.
'Anyone harms him, they answer to me.' I threatened, signally them not to fire. Without warning, millions of spells were cast towards Credence and I watched as he violently shook with every attack. His obscuris not able to handle it, exploded into tiny black pieces which floated through the air. Everything I have been trying to gain. Lost in the matter of moments.
'Fools.' I said, turning around, anger coursing throughout my veins. 'Do you realise what you have done?'
'The obscurial was killed under my orders, Mr Graves.' Picquery said calmly.
'Yes...and the history will surely note that Madam President.' I replied, mocking her, 'what was done here tonight was not right.' I argued.
'He was responsible for the death of a no maj, he risked the exposure of our community, he has broken one of our most sacred laws-'
'A law...that has us, scuttling like rats in the gutter, a law...that demands we conceal our true nature, a law...that directs those that are intermediate to cower in fear lest we risk discovery.' I ranted, 'Now I ask you...Madamn President...I ask all of you...who does this law protect?.....us?...or them.' I pointed up where all the muggles are bound to be crowding around to see what is happening. I was done, I didn't need to pretend I was on the ministry's side, I was going to get my point across to the ministry officials who otherwise would not care to listen to the nature of my talks I have been doing for years now. About how much better the world would be if we rise up and take our rightful place. 'I refused to bow down any longer.' I shook my head, walking away from everyone.
'Aurors...Id like you to relieve Mr Graves of his wand, and escort him back-' Picquery ordered.
A huge wall of enchantments formed before me, locking me in. I rolled my eyes. For fuck sake. I turned around and stared at the stupid ministry officials, who I despised with every ounce of my being. I had no choice. I drew my wand across the air as they began to shoot spells at me, I deflected every single one back at them, one by one knocking them down. I heard a squawk before being pulled to my knees, a creature wrapped firmly around my arms and waist. Fuck. I look back to see Newt holding onto it from a distance.
'ACCIO!' Tina yelled, my wand flying towards her hand. I glared at Newt as he raised his wand.
'Revelio.' He cast. Slowly, I felt my body returning back to me again. Blonde streaks appearing in my hair until it was like it usually is. I gained my mis matched eyes and pale complexion as well as my sculptured features. I looked up at Picquery as she walked towards me, her eyes narrowing.
'Do you think you can hold me?' I whispered
'We'll do our best, Mr Grindelwald.' She nodded as two ministry officials grabbed my arms and pulled me up. I held my glare on Picquery as they dragged me away. When we went past Newt, I drew us to a hault and turned to him, 'vill ve die just a little?' I gave him a menacing smile before being escorted up the stairs out of the train station. I hope it struck fear into him, what makes Albus so fond of him anyway?

The whole Gellert part I made word for word from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them so I didn't make it up but it was so much work copying it down. I needed this in here so I could move on, I'm trying to get back to them being together quickly but I can't miss too much or it won't make sense and seem rushed.