Chapter 38: Good and Bad

Gellert POV:

It was going to happen soon. I had made the arrangements for our travel and i'd announced it to the others. We are going to branch out, to new people across the globe. We have extended our views as far as we can from this point, they've only heard what the news allows them to...not the truth. If we, if I can get my point across to the world then they will understand that I'm not doing this to be cruel, I'm not doing it for the benefit of myself. But for us all. I'm tired of hiding, I'm sick of oppression and how our kind have to forcibly hide ourselves because muggles are so...bland.
'Is the building secure?' I asked, striding down the corridor.
'Yes Grindelwald,' Vinda replied firmly, finally being of use to me again since her new relationship with Abernathy.
'You checked?'
'3 times.' She nodded, confident she had surpassed my expectations.
'I vould have checked it 5,' I teased, 'but never mind'
'Should I ready the others?' She asked.
'Yes, go now.' I nodded, stopping in front of Credence's room and knocking on the door.
I heard a weak, 'come in.' So I entered.
'Cre-, Aurelius, ve are leaving now.'
He swiftly got up from his bed and followed me out of his room, 'where are we going?'
'It vouldn't be a surprise if I told you.' I smiled, my hands behind my back as we walked, 'I have decided to expand our vords to a...different culture.'
'Somewhere...knew?' He asked.
'Don't vorry Aurelius, vherever ve go, they vill follow. You'll get a chance to see your beloved snake friend again.' I reassured him.
'Nagini.' He corrected me.
'You care for her don't you?' I questioned, I wanted to know as much about Credence as possible.
He looked uncomfortable, 'I guess.'
'I von't tell anyone Aurelius...I vant you to know you can talk to me.' I grinned.
'Ok.' He replied awkwardly, it was almost like he was a teenager.
'I once felt like that about someone too.' I nodded, trying to sympathise with him.
'You did? What happened.' He spoke quietly.
'It's not vorth getting into.' Telling people I used to have someone was one thing but telling them about who, was something I would never allow myself to do. Ever.
Amycus appeared by my side once we got closer to where my Acolytes were preparing, 'everyone's ready.' He informed.
'Thankyou Amycus, and your sister?'
'Just checking the final letters now sir.' Amycus nodded.
'Run along.' I pointed towards the group of people, he bowed his head and ran towards his mother.
'Come on honey.' Queenie linked her arm with Credence and lead him away also. Abernathy and Vinda held hands as they waited for further instructions.
My body tensed, I felt tired all of a sudden as I felt as if I had been taken from existence.
'Are you alright sir?' Alecto asked, appearing next to me.
'I'm fine.' I nodded, though I knew I wasn't. Then it happened. A flash of images flooded through my head like a tsunami of thoughts. When it passed I felt normal again, my visions tended to take a worse affect on me because I'm older now. They were also a lot harder to maintain in my memories, I had to use my Skull Hookah, often for myself. So for now I had no clue what I just saw, like a fog had clouded it all. It was as if I had missed out a whole chunk of time as I opened my eyes to find myself in the carriage escorting those not fit to apparate. My mind wondered as I watched the stormy skies rain down onto the sea, it would be hours yet before we arrived. What would Albus think of me? Nothing good I would imagine, although he shared the same ideas, he never seemed too keen when I talked about what we would have to do in order to get what we wanted. It was death that phased him the most. Whether that was the reason he too wanted to become the master of death or not he never told me the real reason why. I guessed after his mother had died and his father had been sent to Azkaban after killing those muggle boys he associated death with them. How could he not? I suppose even now he does, with what happened with Ariana. It really bothered him whenever I mentioned it, he would always change the subject when he was uncomfortable. Does he fear me? No, he wouldn't do that surely not even now. It may have been years ago but what I had with Albus is still the only connection I've ever had with anyone. The first person I knew I could trust with anything, my thoughts, my desires everything. It was nice to have someone like that, someone to hold, to love...then to have it ripped away from you becomes the most painful thing you've ever had to endure. A day doesn't go by without me wishing he was here, to just...be here. I wish he was...I really wish he was. But I mustn't get distracted, the cause is my priority and that is final. Any feelings I have towards anything will vanish as long I push it away and refuse to develop it in the first place. I hear their thoughts...my Acolytes. All accept Queenie and Amycus, who know I have loved, think I'm a sociopath. That's how I come across, that's how I want to come across. Little do they know that is completely not true. If I don't care for something, it can't hurt me and I can't hurt it. I'm not going to do it again, I refuse to feel anything at all, my only devotion is the cause, something that will gain power for all wizards and witches.
I was brought back to reality to see a giant statue of Christ go past the window surrounded by millions of little houses. This was it. I looked over at Credence who was also staring in wonder at the curious city.
'Nagini will like it here.' He whispered.
I nodded, wondering if Albus dared come here to see me. I doubt it. Albus will most likely keep his distance for as long as he can before it's seen as disgraceful. But he's probably like this place, carnivals, the colours, the people. Ok maybe he wouldn't like the people but he'd enjoy the rest of it. Me on the other hand, I'm not too keen on the actual culture of the place, I'm more interested in how it will advance the cause. Being here means we can spread the word further, to places others wouldn't think of. I see people not race. Their support matters and I need as much as I can get, I do not fear Albus, I fear us meeting once again. Who knows what will happen once we finally have to fight each other. The battle between good and bad? No...it's much more complicated than that and he knows it.

They finally in Rio de Janeiro! Who knows what that will bring?