Chapter 4: Dinner at the Dumbledores

Albus POV:

'Ummm.' I hesitated, 'never mind, I was just asking. See you later Mrs Bagshot.' I left feeling unsatisfied. Not knowing what he said is driving me insane. I couldn't get to sleep that night, I tossed and turned, I felt uncomfortable, self conscious. I'm used to being in control, but I felt like someone else was. That was unsettling.

The next day when we met up on the hill, I didn't say much. I was too tired, I knew he wouldn't answer if I asked what he said again. I tried to focus on searching how to get to Gregorovitchs wand shop but I couldn't, my mind was a fog, clouding my mind. We were laying on the grass, I felt my head slipping again towards my book but I pulled myself up. Suddenly I felt all my emotions hit me at the same time.
'Tell. Me.' I urged
'Tell you vhat?' He asked
'What you said, tell me what you said.' I spoke harshly, thinking that might change his mind.
'No.' He replied bluntly, picking his book back up. I ripped it from his hands and chucked it at the tree. 'Albus, calm down!'
'I want to know what you said!' I said sternly.
Gellert sighed, realising I was serious, 'fine...I said I think you have very pretty hair.' He immediately grabbed the book from the floor and started reading again. I felt myself go bright crimson, 'y-you do?'
He smiled, 'Of course.'
'R-really?'
'How many times do I have to say it?' His tone going cold.
'Sorry.' I said, feeling guilty about fussing over something nice he said. I turned onto my side, facing him, I started to focus on reading until a hand reached out towards me. Gellert tucked my auburn hair behind my ear, away from my eyes. He grinned, knowing I was flustered.
'W-what do you want to do Gellert?' I asked, trying to distract myself by changing the subject.
'As in the future?'
I nodded.
'Vell, the first thing is to find the Hallows vith you, ve could use this power Albus, to come out of hiding!' He was getting a dangerous look in his eyes again, I liked it. But it also scared me. 'As in...from the muggles?'
'Yes, How is it fair that rare souls like ours are forced into hiding because they are going to attack us for no reason other than ve are different, unlike them, they are jealous of our power and vaht ve can do. If we have the power of the elder vand and granted immortality we'd be invincible and could finally rise up and take our rightful place in the vorrld.' His speech entranced me, sounding so sure, determination. I could see how passionate he was about this cause and what he wanted to do to improve our lives, everyone's.
'I agree, the muggles don't deserve to overrule us.' My mind cast back to when Ariana was tortured and teased by those muggle boys, they were what made her ill. After the incident with them, she tried to suppress her magic and developed an obscuris, she was never the same again. My family was never the same again. My dad seeked revenge and killed the muggle boys, in return he was sent to Azkaban, he couldn't tell the Ministry why he did it, if he had they would of taken Ariana and killed her. He was only trying to protect her. My mother taught me and Aberforth to be calm and kind to Ariana, otherwise it would end badly. She was careful and cautious and managed to raise her well. Unfortunately, she died because of one of Ariana's explosions, she didn't mean to, she can't help it. Taking charge over the muggles where we belong is exactly what we should be working towards as a community. The muggles aren't like us, they are discriminating all wizard kind, forcing us to hide who we truly are and that is something I want to change.
'If ve gain this power, ve can try and convince others and gather followers who are villing to fight for this, for freedom.'
'I agree, this cannot continue.'
'But the Hallows first, ve cannot possibly do this vithout them, and ve can't be reckless, that will only drive the people away.' He concluded delving back into the pages. The more I thought, the more I realised I trust him. Completely. I dare say I trust him with my life.
'Ummm Gellert?' I Called, he turned his attention to me, 'I was wondering if you and your aunt would like to stay at my house for dinner this evening, in return for inviting me the other night.' I offered hopefully.
'Auntie is going out for a couple of days, meeting up with an old friend so she von't be able to make it but I'll come.' He went to go back to reading but I put my hand on his arm.
'Listen, Gellert, the real reason I asked is because...I want you to meet my sister, I haven't been entirely honest with you...' I sighed, removing my hand.
'Meaning?'
'She's, not ill. Well she is but not in the way you think she is. Do you...know what an obscuris is?' I started to explain.
'I have a basic understanding, a dark magical force created by vizards and vitches.' He replied.
'It's created when they try to suppress their magic. My sister has one, she's very dangerous. That's why we keep her inside the house and in safe conditions. It happened a few years ago, she was practicing magic in the back garden when some muggle boys abused her because they saw her magic. My dad was sent to Azkaban for killing them but he couldn't justify his actions. If the ministry ever found out...they'd take her.' I felt a calming hand on my shoulder.
'We will strive for justice, you and me, were going to make sure circumstances like that don't take place again, I'd love to have dinner and meet her.'
I smiled. I knew I could trust him.

Gellert POV:

I was welcomed into the Dumbledore residence by Albus, as expected, Aberfoth lurked muttering to himself. I was curious about Albus' little sister, I was expecting a dark, evil looking twisted girl but when I was introduced at the table, I was completely wrong. On the wooden chair sat a kind, young girl, her eyes resembled Albus' and her hair was also red but lighter than both her brothers, a dark shade of strawberry blonde. I saw sadness in her blue eyes, heavy with trauma and she looked fragile, like a china doll. I was careful as Albus had warned me when talking to her.
'Ari, this is my friend, Gellert.' Albus introduced. I bowed down to her, she said nothing at first but pointed to my white eye and spoke, 'pretty.' Her voice was meek and quiet. Albus chuckled to himself, 'I think she likes you Gellert.' I took my seat at the table as did Albus next to me, Aberforth reluctantly brought us food and sat down. Tearing his bread he made direct eye contact with me, trying to get into my head. I didn't let him. After finishing our meal, Aberforth immediately left the table as quick as he could.
'Tell Aberfoth his meal vas exceptional.' I remarked sarcastically.
'Vas?' Ariana asked, confused, 'was?'
'It's my accent, I'm German.' I explained, her eyes stared in awe, 'I think that dress looks very pretty on you.' I complimented her.
She looked down, clearly embarrassed. Once she'd calmed herself down, she said, 'come.' And stood up, expecting me to follow. I looked at Albus who nodded. I followed Ariana to what I presumed was her room. She rushed over to her dressing table and sat herself down on the stool. 'I know.' She said, fiddling with the hem on her dress.
'Know vhat?' I asked confused.
'You came here before, I heard.' She confessed
'Oh...' I had an epiphany on what she meant.