Chapter 49: Seeking Revenge

I'm dedicating this to Cindy-Black because she wanted some Grindeldore fan fiction and since she's so amazing, I'm here to deliver ❤️ hope you enjoy

Gellert POV:

Some people may think I'd be weak. Since my dreams had vanished I had no one. Not one connection to Albus. But I've managed years without him haven't I, it's not like he was real. And my past? Let's just say I don't let it bother me, it's distressing yes but it's why I became the person I am today. Repression also plays its part in settling me. They'd be so wrong though, things like this only make me stronger. After what my parents did, I became me; after I was expelled from Durmstrang, I had an ambition; after I left Albus, I started a revolution. My legacy will remain for years to come, it's the only thing that I actually care about...
'Grindelwald?' Queenie opened the door a crack.
'Mmm.' I acknowledged
She spoke cautiously, 'They're ummm...they're coming, you know the-'
'I know.' I sighed, slowly getting up from my chair and leaving the room with her.
'Are you alright?' Queenie asked worriedly.
I avoided her gaze, facing forwards as I cleared my mind. 'I'm fine...I have to be.'
When I walked into the main room, Aurelius was practising magic with his wand, something he had been acceding at recently, with all these years of preparation. Carrow, Amycus and Alecto were talking amongst themselves as were Abernathy and Vinda. At my presence, I became the main focus.
'Let's all remember to be on our best behaviour vhen our guests arrive.' I gave a menacing grin before going to the window to wait.
It wasn't long till the cluster of thesteral driven carriages pulled up at the front of the building. I sent Vinda and Abernathy to bring them upstairs so I could...greet them. There was a lot of banging whilst they dragged the man to me, his head covered with a potato sack so he was unaware of our location. Vinda ripped it off whilst the man looked around before shooting me an angry glare.
'Velcome.' I smiled, walking towards him.
'What the hell do you want?' He spat, trying to free himself of my Acolytes' grip. He stopped when he realised, 'Grindelwald!...It's...its... it's an honour to see you...sir.'
Lifting my wand, a transparent rope cane from the tip of my wand and wrapped itself around him so Vinda and Abernathy didn't have to struggle.
Waving my hand, my acolytes left. I didn't want them overhearing.
'Mmmmm, I vant to ask you a few...questions.' I circled the man whilst running my fingers intimidatingly over my wand, 'vhat do you know about Albus Dumbledore.'
He grimaced, 'never heard of the guy-'
'Don't fucking lie to me, do you know who I fucking am?' Anger swelled within me, 'I could torture you to the extent that you vould beg for death to vhich I vould comply, slowly ripping you to shreds.'
He swallowed.
'Everyone, has heard of Albus Dumbledore. Do you hear? Everyone. So don't give me some bullshit that you have no idea who that is.' I cleared my throat, getting back to the point, 'Vhat do you know?'
He shrugged, 'Not a lot...came in a couple years back, asked me about some...thing he had.'
I raised my eyebrows, 'Did he have it vith him?'
He shook his head, 'No, sounded too important. Anyway, he asked me if I knew anything about it and I said not specifically, but I had a few books that might have some information.'
I paced whilst listening carefully, 'Do you remember vhat he vas talking about?
He thought for a moment, 'it's on the tip of my tongue-'
'Of course he obliviated.' I shook my head, not wishing to waste time on something that was already obvious. I know he's trying to destroy the blood pact, I just want to know whether he's done it. 'Did he...come back?'
The man shook his head, 'No no, he didn't, I swear. I was surprised to see him in there to be honest with you, he's never been the type to come into a store like mine.'
I nodded, 'I see...Vell Thankyou for being of some use but...unfortunately I will have to keep you in one of the cells here,' with a wave of my wand the man disappeared. I'm still no closer to knowing if he has in fact destroyed it. Since my dreams had dissolved into nothingness, I wondered if the blood pact had something to do with it. Queenie theorised that if he had succeeded in destroying it, then we would have duelled by now. But I disagree. Albus isn't the type to...rush into anything, I know that because despite him being somewhat spontaneous back then, it was always me that pushed him over the edge. Of course I didn't tell Queenie that. If I know him at all I'd say that he'd be desperately putting it off, since our last duel.....he probably hates me. I can't blame him, I haven't even forgiven myself. I thought I finally had a life, something secure, something I usually would've resented as a rebellious child but for some reason found comfort in. Albus at my side, my co-leader, my lover, my partner in life. We would travel the world together to share our ambitions for the fate of the wizarding world. Once completed, we would rule it, our ideal world would be ours. Everyone would speak our names, of how we did the unspeakable, the unimaginable and the unthinkable. Because we held the power to do so, because we had eachother. Now.....I knew I could do it by myself, yes, but...I wish he was here with me. Two is better than one. We'd be a lot stronger...those stupid Ministry's wouldn't stand a chance. I wonder if I should tell Aurelius...he needs to know how powerful his 'brother' is. He needs to be prepared if he was to fight him. Which I'm planning he will. It's the only thing I have that Albus doesn't, it's what sets the duel in my favour. I strode into the room where my acolytes were waiting for me. I looked at Aurelius, signalling I wanted to talk to him. The rest left the room and I took the seat next to him once they were gone.
'W-What is it?' He asked, staring at the table.
I studied his expression as I answered, 'The time is coming vhere you vill see your...Nagini.'
I started with this to get his attention
His eyes met mine at the sound of her name.
I smiled, 'but first...you must stand vith me.'
He looked down, 'l-like at the rally.'
I shook my head, 'This vill be...much, much harder, you must face your brother.'
Aurelius narrowed his eyes, 'Why do I have to fight him?'
I sighed, 'He betrayed you Aurelius...' I swallowed, 'he betrayed me.' I put my hand over his in reassurance, 've both vill seek revenge.'

I know the chapters are probably getting boring but I'm struggling with inspiration at the moment, especially since Albus has the Chamber Of Secrets storyline going on in his POV and the final duel is coming up so bear with