Chapter 10: Tent Party

Gellert POV:

Tante had bought me a suit as soon as she heard I was going to the tent party with the Dumbledores.
'I wouldn't have thought you'd wanted to go.' She said in surprise when I told her.
'Albus asked me.'
'That boy is good for you.' She smiled.
It was the day of the party and I was getting dressed, I adjusted my bow tie, matching with my black blazer, trousers and shoes, my shirt white. Running a brush through my hair, i gelled it slick back. I made sure I looked good before walking downstairs to show Tante.
'Oh my Gellert!' She had her hand over her mouth and walked over to take a closer look.
'Is it ok?' I asked, still not really sure about this whole thing.
'You look dashing!' She grinned, 'let me take a photo!' She rushed over to her camera.
'Ever since you got that from dad, you haven't stopped taking photos of me.' I complained.
'Smile!' She said, ignoring me. A flash erupted from the camera as she took the photo. 'Now one of you neutral.' She was getting way too excited. I let her take one last one before I head out the door.

Albus POV:

I did up my bow tie around the collar of my white shirt and pulled at the belt on my black trousers. I brushed my hair hurriedly knowing there wasn't long left. I looked over to the flower crown I wore in the Forest of Dean, it was still alive, I debated on wearing it but decided I would look a bit odd. I ran over to Ariana's room where she patiently waiting for me to help her.
'Did you pick one?' I asked, she shook her head so I took a look into her wardrobe. I spotted a pretty blue dress, it ended at the knees and hd embroidered bluebells at the hem, 'how about this?' She nodded and I helped her put it over her head. I sat her down at her dressing table and began taking out her French braids that I did the night before, leaving her strawberry blonde hair very wavy. We went down stairs, I tied up the laces to my polished shoes and helped Ari slip on her also black, freshly polished shoes.
'Aberforth?' I called. There was a rush of footsteps as my grumpy brother came to put his shoes on too.
'Is he coming?' He asked, referring to Gellert.
'He's meeting us there.' I replied
Aberforth scoffed, 'Yeh he needs a lot of time to get himself ready doesn't he?'
'Listen!' I said sternly, 'you are going to be nice to him and that is final do you understand?'
Aberforth didn't say anything. Finally, we got out the door.

Gellert POV:

I had walked round all the tents a good few times and came to the conclusion that he wasn't here yet. I silently made my way around the room, taking some snacks and managing to get a glass of champagne. Don't ask for ID here, I laughed to myself, thinking of how the bartender would react knowing this. I let the strong, bitter taste infiltrate my mouth with a sip.
'I'm not sure I recognise you...do tell me if we've met before.' I turned around to see a little women, around my Tantes age.
'Ve haven't.' I replied, realising I was going to have to engage in conversation.
'German...oh my! Are you Bathildas nephew?' She asked.
I nodded, 'yes, do you know her?'
'Me and Hilda go way back.' She started to launch into a long story about how they met etc that I listened to, there wasn't much else to do. When she was done, she spotted someone else she knew and rushed over to speak to them.
'It was nice to meet you Gellert.' She said before hurrying off. Then I saw him, I almost drop my glass. He looked so pretty in that suit, I was breathless, trying to figure out what I was going to say to him. As he walked over, his hair flowed backwards, Ariana followed him, as did Aberforth. I cleared my throat, 'you look beautiful Albus.' I said aloud, not caring that his disliking brother was there, nor his ill sister or the many other guests that overheard me.

Albus POV:

As I looked into Gellerts eyes, I felt my face become increasingly red. His hair looks perfect gelled back around his ears, that way you can see his chiselled jaw and cheekbones.
'You look beautiful Albus.' He told me, I noticed the looks we got from the people near by and I knew that Aberforth would be disgusted. But to my surprise I didn't care like I usually would, I was just so taken back by how charming he looked in his suit. I knew he would but it's nothing like I imagine it, it's real and it's perfect.
'Thankyou, you look beautiful too.' I breathed, smiling at myself getting all flustered again, he usually has that effect on me.
'Good evening Ariana, Aberforth.' He greeted my siblings, Aberforth nodded and Ariana gave him a small smile. I could tell Ariana was scared by all the people, me and Aberforth would rather keep her home than risk her having an attack but the guest would ask where she was and we wouldn't be able to explain her absence, so we make sure to he extra careful.
'Ariana, it's going to be alright.' Aberforth said, squeezing her hand.
I noticed then that Gellert wasn't wearing the pact. 'Where did you put it?' I whispered into his ear.
'It's safe, locked away.' He whispered back. He walked towards Ariana and held out his hand. 'Vould you care for a dance Miss Dumbledore?' He asked, Ari looked unsure at all the people.
'She doesn't want to.' Aberforth cut in before Ari could decline or accept Gellerts offer.
'I wasn't asking you.' He replied, I shot him a look of warning. Gellert turned back to Ariana, his hand still there. Eventually she took it and he lead her off.
'Unbelievable, it will be me next.' Aberforth muttered.
'Aberforth! What did I tell you before we came here?' I asked rhetorically.
'I don't care! You know how I feel about him, he's untrustworthy.' He folded his arms, keeping a close eye on Ariana. To my surprise I saw her look...almost happy, the closest to it since her accident. I knew Aberforth could see it too because he shut up after that. I watched as the two of them danced their way across the floor, the man I love and my little sister getting along. Aberforth rolled his eyes, 'brainwashing her I suspect.'
'Aberforth look, Ariana is having a good time, just leave it.'
'I mean i know you hate looking after us but I never thought you'd actually abandon us because of something so selfish.'
'I did NOT abandon you, I care about you Aberforth what will make you see that-'
'Don't lie to me, I know you'd leave us as soon as you get the opportunity I'm not an idiot. That's what you're planning isn't it?' He interrupted. I sighed, realising I wouldn't be able to convince him.

Gellert POV:

I noticed Ariana was struggling so I asked her to dance in hope I could calm her. We began to dance to the current song, 'I don't particularly like human either...bit irrelevant aren't they?' I joked. I saw she was humoured, a smile emerging from her usual sad expression.
'I don't understand why we aren't expected to arrive at a place where we dance, forced to talk to people we don't know...it's all a bit-' she opened up.
'Pointless?' I guessed. She nodded, I could see she was glad I knew what she was talking about. 'Vell, I think it's meant to be fun? I'm certainly having a fun time dancing right now...aren't you?'
I got a half smile from her, not exactly a smile, but I knew it was the best I was going to get. We had quiet conversations during three songs until we made our way back to Aberforth and Albus who had clearly had a...disagreement.
'Is...everything alright?' I asked, I was still holding Ariana's hand. When I got no response from either of the boys I let go to place my hand on Albus' shoulder.
'Were you fighting?' Ariana looked up at Aberforth, any ounce of happiness I had managed to capture from her traumered soul had vanished.
'No we weren't Ariana, did you have a nice time?' He asked, I could see he was annoyed.
'Yes,' She whispered.
'Good...that's good.' Aberforth replied, looking at me with a hateful look before taking Ariana off with him to talk to a group of people.
'Vhat happened.' I asked.
'I-I don't want to talk about it.' Albus said, frustration clouded his usually wonderful presence his eyes darted about the room, 'where's the champagne?'
I hesitated, not sure whether to tell him since he was obviously not in a good mind set. He looked at me with the same annoyance Aberforth had which made me give in.
'The table in the middle of the next tent.' I said, following him to check he was going to be alright. He poured himself a glass, filling it almost to the brim and swallowed the whole thing in a few seconds. I knew how strong that stuff was and I only took sips, Albus grimaced.
'Albus I don't think you should-'
'This is a party, I'm going to drink Gellert.' He looked so determined I felt an ounce of guilt as I watched him neck another glass.
'Not that much-.' I tried, Albus was already filling another glass.
'Shut up.' He said, downing the next one, I couldn't tell whether it was the drink or the fight with Aberforth that was making him like this, maybe it was both. I watched as he downed at least 6 brim filled champagne glasses before it fully took effect. He poured a seventh but knocked it over. 'Ok, no more for you.' I said, picking him up and carrying him outside. His hands reached back towards the tent, 'I didn't get my seventh one!' He complained into my chest. I sat him on my lap outside the tent on the grass.
'Vhy were you and Aberforth fighting?' I asked, holding his hand.
He sighed in anger, 'He was annoyed that you were cheering Ariana up which set him off, he wasn't even happy for her...' he was close to fainting I could tell.
'Is that Vhy?'
'No.' He replied, sitting upright and wrapping his arms around my neck. 'He said I was selfish, that I abandoned them, said you were untrustworthy and that I didn't care about them.' His head rested on my chest, 'maybe he's right.' He said, his voice muffled into my shirt. I stroked his warm, tinted cheek with my hands. I let him fall into sleep where we were, I watched the purple like sky turn black where the sun disappeared over the hills. It got quite late when I carried him into the tents.
'Where have you been...what happened.' Asked Aberforth, looking at his clearly drunk brother.
'He had a bit too much.' I said, trying not to say anything Albus wouldn't approve of.
'Is he alright?' Ariana asked.
'He's fine Ariana, lets get home now.' Aberforth  took her hand and walked away. Leaving me to care for Albus. I apparated to his room, laying him down on the bed, changing him into his night clothes and tucking the duvet around him. He stirred a little but he didn't wake up. I kissed his forehead before leaving to go back to my own house.

This was inspired by masters.of.death on instagram. Also this had to be longer because I was fitting a lot into this Chapter, 2000 words