Chapter 40

Jin POV

We all were celebrating Y/N's birthday everyone was dancing and having fun. While I saw Eli alone sitting on the ground drinking soju. She was looking quite stressed she didn't join us to celebrate the birthday. 

I went up to her. 

Jin: Hey what are you doing here alone?

Eli: I wanted to spend some time alone so I came here.

Jin: May I join you?

She just nodded twice.

Then we both began to drink soju I saw she was starting to get tipsy.

Jin: Hey Eli stop that's enough you have already drunk a lot.

I said while holding the bottle away from her. But she tried to snatch it away from me.

Eli: Give it back Jin!!

Jin: No means no!

She got up from her place and took away the bottle from my hand. And started to drink directly from the bottle.

Jin: ELI STOP IT!! 

Then she kept the bottle down. And I saw tears forming in her eyes.

Jin: Hey I am sorry I didn't mean to shout at you don't cry.

Eli: It was not my fault mom dad I didn't push Hannah to the road please trust me.

Hearing Hannah's name from her mouth made me froze she still hasn't forgotten about that incident.

Eli: The girls pushed her they always bullied me please believe me mom dad.

Jin: Eli it's me Jin. Sober up. Let's go inside it's getting cold.

Eli: Hannah please don't leave me, Hannah!!

With that, she hugged me and started crying.

Eli: Everyone thinks I killed you they call me a killer. Please tell them that I am not a killer. Everyone is afraid of me Hannah. I didn't kill you, right?

Jin: No you didn't

I said while rubbing my hand on her back to comfort her.

Eli: You'll never leave me right??

Jin: Never.

Then I didn't hear any sobbing sounds.

Jin: Eli let's go in.

She didn't respond.

Jin: Eli. 

I tried to shake her. But she didn't budge. Then I pulled her away from the hug and saw that she had fallen asleep. I didn't try to wake her up anymore. And let her sleep while hugging me I wrapped my hands around her to keep her warm. She is so fragile and so vulnerable while she shows the world that she is very tough. How hard it is to her to remain that way since she can't show this side to the world because she is afraid that they will take advantage of it and hurt her again. 

She had already gone through a lot and hasn't get over it yet. Even her parents didn't believe her that made her life very miserable. They should have been there when she needed them the most.

Those girls were the ones who made her go through all these they made her suffer all this. People were blaming her for Hannah's death they were afraid of her at such a young age she had to face so much criticism. I will make her parents know what happened and make those girls suffer since they are the ones who deserve this and not Eli.

Then Stella came towards us.

Stella: What happened to Eli?!

Jin: Don't worry she just fell asleep after getting drunk.

Stella: I am sorry Jin you had to see her like that.

Jin: No it's completely fine.

Stella: I'll wake her up.

Jin: No! if you don't mind I'll carry her to the car.

Stella: If you are okay with it why would I mind.

Then I carried her bridal to the car and gently kept her in the back seat and put on the seat belt.

Jin: Good night my cold princess.

I said while getting out of the car.

Stella: Thank you so much Jin.

Jin: My pleasure. 

Stella: Bye good night.

Jin: Bye. Goodnight.

Then they drove away.

NEXT MORNING

Eli POV

I woke up early in the morning but the very first thing that I felt was a very sharp pain in my head.

Eli: UGGHHHH!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!

Stella: What happened?

Eli: My head is paining like hell.

Stella: Here take this pain killer.

Then I took it from Stella and ate it. Still, the pain won't go. 

Then I remembered what happened yesterday. I blurt out everything in front of Jin he must be thinking I am so pathetic I must clear everything with him otherwise he'll think that I am so sympathetic.

I searched for my phone when I found it I dialed his number. 

Jin POV

I was making breakfast for everyone then my phone began to ring I saw the id that made me drop my spatula. Am I dreaming Eli is calling me? I hurriedly picked up the phone.

Jin: Hello.

Eli: Hey I just called to make you clear that I was feeling down yesterday that's why I drank too much and blurted out anything you don't need to sympathize me okay.

Jin: I know everything Eli so you don't have to lie to me.

Eli: Know what?

Jin: Everything about who was Hannah and why were you crying her name out.

Eli: WHAT!! HOW!! WHO TOLD YOU???

Jin: I have my sources.

Eli: Spill it damn it!

Jin: I'll tell you when the time comes, for now, rest assured your secret is safe with me.

Eli: You don't need to-

Jin: I know I know, you don't want any sympathy and you are not the weak Eli. Right?

Eli: YES!

Jin: Good I like you this way too. Strong and tough Eli. And don't worry I won't sympathize you but for me you were innocent and I'll prove it to everyone.

Eli: WHAT?! I don't anyone to prove anything for me.

Jin: I am a bit busy princess shall we talk later?

Eli: DON'T CALL ME THAT.

Jin: Bye princess.

Eli: UUGHHHH!

Then I hung up the phone I definitely will give the punishment to the ones who deserve it.

Eli POV

How did he know about my past? What was he talking about proving my innocence? I don't want anyone to dig my past since I have had enough pain living in it now I don't someone to bring it up again and give me the memories that I am trying to forget. But why couldn't I stop him why does he fighting for me makes me feel safe? And he said something about he likes me like this too.

A smile formed on my face.

Eli: Pabo.