Chapter 56

4 Months Later:

Y/N POV:

Y/N: One classic Cappucino, one latte and two Cinnamon rolls anything else?

??: Yes, I want a chocolate cake.

I bent down to reach the height of the 4-year old kid.

Y/N: I am so sorry baby we don't have chocolate cakes, anything else that you would like to have?

He pouted in disappointment.

Y/N: Umm...Would you like to have some chocolate brownies?

??: Yes! I love chocolate blownies.

I pinched his cheeks.

Y/N: Coming right away.

He giggled as I left to bring their orders.

It's Christmas today and the cafe is fully packed with children and couples. It's been four months since I started working here. At first, I had a lot of work to do due to the shortage of employees here. But later the owner of the cafe hired few more employees and assigned them different tasks. Now all I have to do is take orders and serve them. 

I handed the notepad to Sam the barista. He nodded and started to prepare the drinks that were on it.

Sam is a 21-year-old tall and a quite build guy he is extremely friendly and welcoming. He has been working here for almost three months now and he brews great coffee. Especially his lattes are the best I almost every day buy a drink that he makes. Many customers have appreciated the drinks that he makes.

I grabbed the cinnamon rolls and brownies from the kitchen and placed them on the tray. Then Sam helped me place the drinks on it too and I headed back to the table of four where the family is sitting.

Y/N: Your classic Cappucino, latte and cinnamon rolls and here is your chocolate brownie, sir. 

I placed the dishes on the table and ruffled the kid's hair.

Kid: Thank you and wish you a Merry Chlistmas miss.

Y/N: Merry Christmas to you too honey.

I turned on my heels and went to the counter. In a couple of minutes, the bell at the door rang again indicating the entry of a new customer. I took my notepad and headed to where the couple who arrived right now was seated.

Y/N: Welcome to Expressive Espessro what would you like to have?

Guy: I'll have some hot chocolate, what about, you baby?

She tapped her chin with the index finger while going through the menu.

Girl: Umm...I'll have a filter coffee.

Y/N: Anything else?

Girl: And two Belgian waffles with maple syrup.

Y/N: It'll be ready in short while.

I went back to the kitchen and waited for the order to get ready. 

Sam: It's packed today, isn't it?

 Y/N: Yeah, my shift ends at 7 and it's 8 already. I have to do the overtime today and this whole week.

I whined as I rested my head on the counter.

Sam: Aww... don't worry it's only for this week.

Y/N: I want your strongest latte today.

Sam: Right away mam.

He saluted me and at that very time, the bell rang again.

Y/N: I swear my body is going to disable any moment.