𝟎𝟑 | 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟕

            "𝑊𝐻𝐴𝑇 are you doing?" Adelaide repeated, this time her voice more firm and demanding. "Elena what the bloody hell is he doing?" She turned to glare at her sister when none of them responded. Elena just turned to look at Stefan and then Damon, who both held confused looks.

"You haven't given her a vervain bracelet or necklace by any chance have you?" Damon asked Elena, without taking his eyes away from Adelaide.

"No, well, yes. I did but she isn't wearing it." Elena said, talking about the necklace she had given her sister ages ago, when Stefan gave it to Elena to give to her to keep her safe. "And she doesn't drink it, does she?" Damon then asked.

"Not that I know of. Damon..." Damon interrupted Elena by holding up a hand, making her go silent so he could think.

"Drink what?" Adelaide was ignored.

"Why can't she be compelled?" Stefan asked. Adelaide still stood with her back up against the wall and her glare turned to them all.

"Compelled?" She quizzed, wanting an answer of some sort.

"I don't know." Damon responded, but didn't look away from Adelaide. He did eventually though and he went straight to refill his drink of bourbon.

"What the hell is going on?" She asked, getting pissed off at them all. "What do you mean 'why can't she be compelled?'" She asked, mocking Stefan.

"It's a mind control thing vampires can do." Stefan informed her.

"So you were trying to make me forget everything you've just told me? Make me forget who my real mother is? God I can't believe you." She scoffed, running a hand through her hair, feeling like Elena was betraying her trust. 

"No matter what you think and what you want to believe, I didn't tell you for your own good and protection." Elena told her, with her arms crossed over her chest, "and I don't regret not telling you." Adelaide glared at her, narrowing her eyes.

"You kept the fact that we were adopted from me and you didn't tell me that you knew our own mother. I was with you when Isobel turned up at our house that night. You could have told me then that she was our mother. How do you think I feel knowing I've been lied to for months about everything. I mean, up until today I thought vampires were stories told to children to scare them." Adelaide ranted angrily and upset. "Who else knows?"

"Bonnie, Caroline, Tyler, Jeremy, Alaric, John, and Matt found out like today." Elena told her, listing the people off in a hesitant voice. "There's a few others as well, but none we may know, other than the council."

"So basically everyone we're friend with knows, even Jeremy?" She scoffed again, disbelief shinning through her words.

"Look, you can't be compelled to forget, so you're just going to have to deal with it. Okay, vampires exist and everyone knew before you, so stop being a bitch and accept it." Damon told her, getting angry with how she was treating her sister, who he was in love with.

"Damon," Stefan warned his brother.

"Stop being a bitch?" She hissed, "Oh, I'm sorry, how did you take it when you found out vampires were real, never mind getting turned into one?" She asked Damon before turning to Elena, "and what about you? How did you take it? Cause this seems like a pretty normal reaction for someone who's just found out she's been lied to her entire life." She looked at them all with a glare, "so, call me a bitch one more time," she warned Damon, stepping closer to him and pointing a finger towards the raven haired vampire.