𝟎𝟓 | 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐜

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟖

            𝐴 little while later she spotted Damon taking over Stefan's job at dancing with Elena and she almost laughed at his idiotic dance moves. Her eyes flickered to where she saw Caroline and Matt, having just entered the dance. She stood at the side, watching people dance to the music as she lost herself in her thoughts. That was until Jeremy appeared at her side, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked her brother softly.

"Yeah," he wasn't very convincing.

"Are you sure?" She further asked, trying to get more information out of him.

"I said I'm fine, Ads." He didn't technically snap at her, but it did sound a little harsh.

"Okay. Where's Bonnie?" She asked him, seen as though she was his date. Damon had filled Adelaide in on what was going to happen tonight, with Bonnie trying to kill Klaus. But Damon hadn't told her that Bonnie would die from it, and the raven haired vampire was going to keep it that way. He was starting to care about Elena's sister - she was like an annoying, pain in the ass younger sister.

"What are they up to?" Elena came over and asked as she looked over to Damon and Bonnie dancing, which was where Jeremy and Adelaide were looking.

"Who knows?" Jeremy shrugged.

"Is there something going on, Jer? Are you okay?" Elena asked, seeming suspicious.

"Fine. I'm fine." He snapped at Elena before storming away. Adelaide stared after him, wondering why he was in such a mood.

"Hey, everything all right?" Stefan came up behind his girlfriend.

"I'm not sure." Elena told him, as she looked to where Jeremy had just left. Adelaide turned to share a confused look with Elena while Stefan volunteered to go see if Jeremy was okay.

Adelaide stood around the dance, off to the side, watching everyone smile and have no idea that the supernatural existed. She would have been like that if she hadn't off been so nosy. Elena had left her to go and find Stefan a little while ago and it was only when she heard her name being called that she turned around to see her said sister, walking towards her.

"Did you know?" Elena demanded as she stood in front of Adelaide.

"Did I know what?" Adelaide quizzed, confused.

"If Bonnie takes on Klaus, channeling all that energy's gonna kill her." Elena told her, her voice cracking slightly.

"What?" Now, Adelaide had always been a little closer to Caroline rather than Bonnie, seen as though Bonnie was Elena's best friend. But she still didn't want her friend to die, saving herself and Elena in the process. "No. She can't," she shook her head, trying to convince herself it wasn't true.

"Yeah, well Jeremy's just told Stefan, who told me." Elena nearly broke down crying.

"Let's go find Bon," Adelaide suggested and they went to find their witchy friend.

After seeking out Bonnie the two sisters eventually found her. Bonnie was stood watching Damon dancing with two girls, amused with his actions.

"We need to talk to you." Elena told Bonnie, standing next to her and whispering slightly. They lead Bonnie away to where not many people were.

"How could you not tell me?" Elena demanded, as she stormed off with Bonnie following, and Adelaide trailing behind.

"Us." Adelaide corrected, crossing her arms over her chest. 
"Because I knew how'd you react." Bonnie responded.