𝟏𝟑 | 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐃𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐞𝐩 𝟐𝟐

            𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 woke up beside her brother the morning after the funeral. She was curled into his side as they both laid onto top the covers. They had each broken down last night, crying over the death of their aunt and John. They had each other though, which made it more bearable. Elena had distanced herself in her own room, wanting to be alone while the other two didn't want to be alone. She sighed softly at her brother before getting off the bed and making her way to her own room to get ready. She threw on a pair of black leggings, a grey crop top and her black leather jacket before slipping her white sneakers on. It was comfy and simple but looked like she had put a small amount of effort in. She didn't want to mope around wearing baggy jumpers and leggings for weeks.

She threw her hair into a pony tail, before applying a small amount of makeup to cover up her extremely red cheeks and bags under her eyes. She sighed, looking at her self in the mirror as she brushed her teeth. Passing Jeremy's room she feared that she would break down after walking past Jenna's. She bit her lip as she stopped to stare inside. The bed was made and definitely hadn't been slept in for the past two nights, while Jenna may seem like a person who would have a messy room, it was actually very well kept and clean. She didn't have any clothes all over the room, or anything in odd places. Not being able to take any more of it, Adelaide began to descend the stairs, deciding to make herself and Jeremy some blueberry pancakes and some waffles as she knew Elena had already left. Later on was the Movie in the Square and Elena was making them all go. They were playing Gone With the Wind, and Jeremy was far from pleased with the movie choice. People were either dressed in their own clothes or dresses from the era the movie was set in as people littered the lawn just outside of the Grill.

"You brought me to see a girl movie." Jeremy complained as he and Adelaide walked along side Elena, who was carrying the blanket for them to sit on.

"We had to get out of the house, Jer." Elena told their brother, sighing. "This is our three-hour distraction from reality."

"Is that what we're doing? Pretending like our lives aren't screwed?" He sassed back, turning to face Elena as the three stopped on an empty section of grass.

"We need to do this, okay?" Elena didn't leave him any room for arguing.

"I agree with Elena." Adelaide spoke up, "But I also agree with Jeremy that this film is a girly movie." Adelaide smiled at her brother while he nodded enthusiastic that she had at least agreed about the movie choice. Elena rolled her eyes at the two but were glad they were able to manage smiles without forcing them.

"You are a girl Ads," Elena reminded her sister, chucking the blanket out before straightening it.

"And that's supposed to mean I love girly films?" Adelaide retorted.

"Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore." Elena then went on to stay as she frowned slightly.

"Hey, there you guys are." Adelaide looked up to see her favourite blonde bounce her way over to them. Caroline was carrying two picnic baskets and Adelaide was definitely excited to see what food she had brought, even though she had had a stack of pancakes only a few hours ago.

"Who's hungry?" Caroline sang as she placed the baskets down onto the blanket.

"Me." Adelaide immediately put her hand up.