𝟏𝟔 | 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟎𝟏

              𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 frowned as she made her way into the bar in Tulley. It was the bar they had been told about by the two girls in Tennessee. The plan was for her to go in first and distract Ray Sutton. Hence the reason she was wearing a dress. It wasn't revealing or short as Klaus didn't want her to go full out with the whole flirting business, but it was a pretty dress and made her look stunning. In Klaus's eyes it did anyway. She had her black leather jacket on and a pair of high heeled boots she had seen over the summer and had forced Klaus to get her. That was one good thing about this whole experience. She had been able to use Klaus's credit card as if it were her own. He spoiled her in a sense. This however, was not how she had expected her eighteenth birthday to go like. Not even one Happy Birthday. She saw who she assumed was Ray sat at the bar, and made her way over to stand beside him, ordering a drink while trying to catch his attention.

 She saw who she assumed was Ray sat at the bar, and made her way over to stand beside him, ordering a drink while trying to catch his attention

"On me." She heard the guy beside her say. She turned and smiled at the guy who she assumed was Ray, batting her eyelashes flirtatiously.
"Thanks." She grinned.

"No problem. Now, what's a beautiful girl like you doing in a place like this?" She blushed slightly at the beautiful part. She wasn't used to people calling her that.

"Ray? Ray Sutton?" Just as Adelaide was about to respond she felt Klaus's presence behind her. She smirked as he snaked an arm around her waist. It hadn't been his queue to greet Ray yet.

"Who wants to know?" Ray glanced down towards Klaus's arm around Adelaide's waist before looking straight forward.

"I've been looking everywhere for you." Klaus chuckled. "We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you worked with before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here. To you." Klaus explained as if they were found memories of his. Some of them were... when he got to spend time personally with Adelaide without a brooding Stefan following. He had loved taking her shopping in Florida - seeing her face light up when he offered her his credit card. Adelaide didn't need Klaus's money. She hadn't ever been a split brat and she still didn't think herself as one now, but she was going to take advantage of the money Klaus had offered her because he was a pain in her ass that she just couldn't get out of her head.

"I think I'll be going." Ray began to stand up, knowing it was best to leave.

"Not so fast, mate." Klaus stopped him, a hand on his chest as he also got up. "You only just got here. Now your type are very hard to come by." Klaus told him, talking about werewolves. Ray tried to turn the other way but Stefan appeared, stopping him. Adelaide sat at the bar, facing forward as she downed the drink in front of her.