𝟏𝟏 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐎 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒

𝐞𝐩 𝟐𝟏

            𝐾𝐿𝐴𝑈𝑆 had one of his witches use a simple spell to knock Adelaide out, as he didn't trust her to not run away and ruin his chances of breaking the curse. Not that she was planning on doing so anyway. She didn't want him to turn his anger on her friends and family. He had placed her laid down on the backseats in his car but when he got to the woods he had to carry her to where the ritual would take place. It would have been quite the walk for a human, as they had to pick someone where there was a clearing and also far away from any people to see or hear. Klaus used his vampire speed, however. He was careful when handling Adelaide's body as he placed her down near Elena, where his witch Greta, placed a ring of fire surrounding her just like there was with Elena and Jenna. Adelaide began to wake up after the fire surrounded her. Her eye lids felt heavy as they fluttered open. She groaned, feeling her head hurt.

"What's going on?" She muttered as she saw she was on the floor in the woods. She gripped onto the dirt and small twigs, trying to sit herself up. With great strength she managed to pull herself into a stand position, her back slightly hunched over.

"Adelaide!" She looked up as she heard her sister yell her name.

"Elena," she sighed in relief, seeing her sister still alive and safe. "Jenna?" Her eyes went wide as she noticed her strawberry blonde aunt also surrounded in a ring of fire. "What? No." She began shaking her head. "You're not supposed to be sacrificed." Adelaide couldn't believe it. "What's happening?" She asked Elena, tears filling all their eyes. Adelaide also noticed that Jules, the werewolf was also there, surrounded in her own ring of fire to keep her from running off and escaping. Not that she would be able to as she was yelling and rolling on the floor in agony. The witch must have slowed her transformation down, because surely by now she should have full turned.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature." Elena tried to explain to the witch who had explained what was happening to Jules. And Adelaide had been right, she had slowed down the werewolf's transformation. "It's your duty to them to keep your curse sealed."

"My duty is to Klaus!" The witch yelled back, angrily. "The new order."

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Adelaide looked to where the familiar voice came from, seeing Klaus had joined them all once again. She sent him a sharp glare as she heard Jenna let out a scared inhale.

"Hello, my lovelies," he greeted them before turning to Adelaide, "love," he added. "Are we ready?"

Adelaide watched as Klaus handed over a white shaped stone to the witch, as they gathered over a bowl. She would be able to hear them but she was too focused on Elena and Jenna, and even Jules, who was still groaning in pain.

"Everything I did... I was just trying to help Tyler." She said through her pain.

"Are you Jules?" Elena asked her, guessing who she was while Adelaide already knew.

"I didn't want him to be alone!" Adelaide felt sympathetic towards the soon to be dead werewolf.

"Shall we?" She heard Klaus say as the witch carried on with the chanting. The ring of fire around Jules disappeared and she managed to push her pain aside as she began to fully turn, using her speed to run at Klaus. Klaus being older and stronger tackled her to the ground easily before plunging his hand into her chest and ripping her heart out in one swift motion. Jules let out a small groan as her head fell back, the life leaving her golden eyes as her heart stopped as did her whole body. Klaus walked back over to the bowl where Greta was, still chanting the spell. He held his hand over the bowl, with the heart grab tightly as he squeezed the blood into the bowl. Adelaide cringed at the sight but wasn't able to tear her eyes away as she watched him.