𝟐𝟏 | 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟑

              𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 sat at the bar, beside Stefan as he sat in between her and Klaus. She leaned forward, her head laying in her hand as she drank from the beer she had decided to order. She had ordered a tray of French fries as well but they hadn't been given to her yet.

"Where's Rebekah?" Gloria came up to them from behind the bar. The bar was open and quite packed to say it only opened a little while ago.

"She'll be here. I can't just conjure her on demand." Klaus replied, taking a gulp from his own beer. "What's with you?" He turned to Stefan as Gloria walked away, rolling her eyes at the hybrid. "I thought Chicago was your playground."

"So this is why you asked me to be your wingman? Because you liked the way that I tortured innocent people?" Stefan turned to give Klaus a looked that suggested he hated Klaus guts.

"Well, that's certainly half of it." Klaus agreed, smirking. Adelaide shuffled in her seat, uncomfortable with their conversation.
"What's the other half?" Stefan was quick to ask, not finding any of it amusing, like Klaus did.

"The other half, Stefan," Klaus began as he poured three shots for the three of them. "is that you used to want to be my wingman." He slid one over to Adelaide and then Stefan. Adelaide didn't touch it though, too lost in her own thoughts. She hated that Klaus had this effect on her that no one else did, he made her weak but at the same time... she couldn't forgive what he had done to her family, not yet anyway. But it was like she fighting herself to not forgive him.

"I need some air." Adelaide stood up before making her way to the door. Klaus grabbed her wrist as she walked past him however, stopping her from leaving. "I'll be back." She told him, sending him an annoyed look. He was hesitant but let go of her first slowly, nodding. She sent him a small grateful look before making her way outside. She instantly felt the cool air hit her face, sending goosebumps up her arms. She stood in the parking lot out back, eyes closed as she took in deep breaths.
"Adelaide..." the familiar voice of her sister made her eyes instantly snap open.
"Elena," Adelaide gasped as she rushed forward to bring her sister in for a hug. "Elena... oh my god. If Klaus sees you-" Elena cut her sister off.

"It's okay. I'll be careful." She reassured the oldest Gilbert sister.

"What are you doing here?" Adelaide quickly asked her sister, pulling away from the hug but keeping her at arms distance.

"I - we, came here for you and Stefan." Elena corrected herself.

"We?"
"You didn't honestly think Damon would let me come here alone right?" Elena raised an eyebrow at her.
"Damon's here?" Adelaide felt more tears rise into her eyes as her voice cracked. She laughed a little, wiping them away quickly as Elena also shed a few tears.

"Yeah. I missed you Adelaide." Elena cried bringing her in for a hug again.
"I missed you more."
"Not possible." The two girls laughed.

"Where is Damon?" Adelaide asked her.

"He's distracting Klaus." Elena informed her, sending her a slightly worried look. "I wanted to talk to you and Stefan, but he must have let you out anyway." She noted, talking about Klaus.

"Yeah, he isn't as controlling as you may think. I mean, he asked where I was going but I just told him I would be back and he believed me." Adelaide shrugged, explaining her weird situation with Klaus.