𝟑𝟒 | 𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟕

              𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 went with Caroline and Bonnie to where Bonnie had brought Jeremy back to life, so they could do the spell they had been shown.

"So this is where you brought Jeremy back to life?" Caroline asked, a little hesitant to enter the old and abandoned building as Bonnie led them down a flight of broken stairs made from unstable wood after being there for so long.

"Yeah." Bonnie sighed deeply, "I know it's creepy but we needed a private place around here to do the spell." She explained, also not liking being back. She made her way to the middle of the room while Adelaide stopped and stood beside the blonde vampire who was looking around the room warily. Barely any light shone through the small windows but it was enough to see where they were going, not that Caroline nor Adelaide for that matter, needed it with their super vision or whatever.

"Hm, there's no chance it's haunted by the uh, hundred dead witches who were horrifically burned to death in this very spot, is there?" Caroline laughed nervously.

"They're not here anymore." Bonnie informed the slightly scared vampire - they all knew witches held grudges against most vampires, if not all vampires. "And they made it clear they were never coming back." She sent her a reassuring look while Adelaide patted her shoulder before walking closer to Bonnie and sitting down on the floor, legs crossed.

"Right," Caroline swung on the back of her heels, "Pinkie swear?" Adelaide chuckled at her best friends request, smiling at the sweet girl. Caroline never failed to amaze her with what she said sometimes. To say she was a vampire, no one would ever think so.

"It'll be fine Care, if not - I'm here." Adelaide sent her a playful smirk, gesturing to herself.

"You know, you've gotten really cocky these past few weeks - and sarcastic." Caroline smiled at the girl as she went around and lit all the candles up to give them more light.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Adelaide shrugged, not being sarcastic this time.

"Okay, ready." Caroline finished lighting the last candle around the room, "Do you need me to do..." but Bonnie was already chanting in latin, performing the spell from the grimoire. Caroline let out a large exhale as they waited for Bonnie to finish the spell. Wind began to blow around their feet as the leaves and dust of dirt began following across the wooden floor.

"Do you think it's working?" Adelaide raised an eyebrow at Caroline as the wind began to pick up and move further up.

"Bonnie, we don't like this." Caroline thought out loud, her head whipping around the room. Adelaide could tell she was getting scared because of what was happening and Bonnie didn't seem to be responding to them. Adelaide stood up and took a step closer to the witch, ready to break her from the spell if needs be. The chanting continues as Caroline uttered her name again softly.

"Oh my god." Adelaide gasped, watching with surprise spreading across her face.

"Is that your..." Caroline breathed, trailing off.

"Grams." Bonnie spluttered, taking an unsteady breath in as she tried to hold a sob in. Her sobs couldn't be held any longer though as the tears collecting in her eyes began to stream down her face. Adelaide could tell they were not only sad but happy tears. "I can't believe you're here!" She stammered through a croaky voice.