𝟏𝟎 | 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟐𝟎

            𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 had come up with the brilliant plan to go and visit Katherine Pierce at Alaric's apartment where Klaus was keeping her. She wanted them to go visit Katherine to see if she knew where Klaus was keeping the werewolf and vampire for the ritual tonight. Damon and tried to persuade Adelaide out of helping them but the girl was too stubborn for her own good. The two adult males didn't even understand how she wasn't drunk from the amount of bourbon she had drunk. Even Damon, who was a vampire and didn't get intoxicated easily, would have at least been tipsy if he had had the same amount of alcohol as she had had.

"Look who's dumb enough to come back." Adelaide heard Katherine tell Alaric as he opened the door to his apartment. He didn't step inside though.

"Well, somebody had to invite him in." Alaric motioned his head to the side, as Damon walked forward into Katherine's eye sight.

"Damon, would you like to, uh, come in?" Alaric invited him in. Katherine looked slightly scared as Damon smirked at her and skipped over the doorway threshold.

"Are you trying to get me killed?" Katherine snapped as she sped in front of the Salvatore. Adelaide went and stood beside Alaric who was leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed. She stepped into the room but stayed close to the doorway.
"I gave you vervain," Damon sped into the room and slammed Katherine against a wall, holding her down, "now I'm here to collect." Katherine groaned from the impact of hitting the wall. Adelaide still couldn't believe how Katherine looked identical to her sisters, apart from the fact that Katherine curled her hair and did have the slightly better fashion sense.

"I got it from here, Ric, Little Bird." Damon called back to the two.

"I'm not leaving." Adelaide shook her head, stubborn as Damon had predicted she would be.

"You sure?" Alaric asked.

"Yeah, only one of us needs to get blamed for this. Get back to the house. Keep Elena from handing herself over." Damon told Alaric. "Adelaide can stay if she wishes. I have a feeling Klaus won't hurt his 'love'." Damon mocked Klaus from earlier, putting on the worst British accent ever. Adelaide was like a little sister to Damon, so seeing Klaus so close to her earlier made him furious with the soon to be hybrid. Alaric nodded before leaving while Adelaide smirked in victory.

"I need to know where Klaus is keeping his werewolf." Damon ordered Katherine, letting her go.

"Why? What are you going to do?" Katherine asked, suspicious.

"Dead werewolf equals no ritual." Damon shrugged.

"No." Katherine shook her head instantly, "you can't interfere, Damon. Klaus will kill you and everyone you've ever met. Apart from the sister." Katherine nodded in Adelaide's direction, confusing the girl.

"I just need to delay this thing." Damon responded.

"No. No way." Katherine shook her head again, not giving in as she walked around Damon.

"You should like this. It's going to buy another month of your pathetic life." Damon told the vampire.

"Right. Except that I'm not the vampire he's planning on sacrificing." Katherine informed Damon, turning around to face him while slapping her hands on her legs, wearing a smirk.

"What?" Damon frowned.

"Yeah. He's got Caroline Forbes and Tyler Lockwood. Therefore, I'm in the clear." Adelaide's head snapped towards Katherine.