𝟏𝟕 | 𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐘𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃

𝐞𝐩 𝟎𝟐

SMOKY MOUNTAINS, TENNESSEE

            𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 walked behind Klaus and Stefan as they hiked the smoky mountains in Tennessee. It was the mountain where Ray's pack would be and so Klaus had made them begin the trek very early that morning.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus taunted Stefan.

"I'm fine." Stefan had Ray's body slung over his back.

"You sure about that?" Adelaide teased, her voice more playful than Klaus's had been, his was more rubbing it in his face.

"You know, we've been walking for quite some time now."

"Yeah, and I'm starving." Adelaide muttered under her breath, knowing they could both hear her anyway.

"If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Klaus wasn't being serious. He didn't want to stop he was just annoying Stefan.

"You know, I get that we're uh... we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan turned to look at Adelaide, erecting the last part to her as well as she had been talking the majority of the walk.

"Don't make me pissed off with you Stefan," she growled at him. Over the summer she had become a lot more confident, more than she used to be. She was always the rebellious child out of her and Elena, which was why everyone preferred Elena, but after spending so much time with Klaus, who treated her better than her own parent did, she had taken on the skill of extreme sarcasm and snarky remarks.

"So much brooding," Klaus chuckled at Adelaide's comment as he spoke to Stefan. "Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

"I never thought I would say this in a million years, but I agree with Nik." Adelaide even surprised herself when the word 'Nik' slipped from her mouth, she covered it up though. "I mean, as hungry as I am this place is gorgeous. Enjoy it." She told Stefan walking ahead of the two of them.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hurting werewolves." Adelaide actually quite enjoyed the journey, the parts where she got to see new places anyway. Klaus had taken her more places in a few months than she had been in her whole lifetime. "We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack." Klaus realised as he stood behind Adelaide, who had stopped. She felt his breath on her neck and breathed in deeply, trying to steady her breathing. Klaus smirked, before brushing past her as they saw the werewolves in a forest clearing. They walked forward, gaining the werewolves attention as they all turned to look at the three people they had never seen before, taking noticed of Stefan carrying a body. Stefan dumped the body on the ground, not being careful with it.

"Ray! Oh, my god." A woman rushed forward to check on her fellow pack mate. "What's going on?"

"Who are you?" She asked Stefan.

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion." Adelaide rolled her eyes as Klaus's dramatic introduction. He was way too arrogant for his own good. "My name is Klaus." The werewolves seemed to go even more tense, if that was possible. They knew who he was.

"You're the hybrid."
He sent her an evil grin, smirking. "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

· • ☽ • ·