≒37≒

Yoongi sighed as he went into the cafe, texting Taehyung and telling him about his whereabouts before Jimin could fucking explode and send a search party after him.

Before he could even get near the counter, he was being pulled into a hug by Yugyeom and Kihyun. "Holy shit, Yoongi! Where have you been?" Kihyun whined, his eyes shining as he looked at the smallers new hair.

"I just needed a break for awhile, that's all, Ki,"

"Yeah, we get that, but a text would be nice every once in awhile," Yugyeom smiled, Yoongi also smiled as he pulled on his sweater and waited for new customers to come in. "Well, it's good to have you back Yoongs, we felt so lonely without you~" Kihyun pouted, Yoongi only rolled his eyes as he turned to Yugyeom.

"This is why you're my favorite, Yu, you aren't clingy like this boy right here,"

"Rude-"

"Go, work," Yoongi smiled, the two nodded as they waved goodbye and went back to work, the smaller sighing as he put his head in his hand, he decided to come in on a slow day. How nice.

He was just about to go meet up with Yugyeom an Kihyun when he noticed a new customer sitting at the counter. He was ready to give a bright smile and a warm welcome, but he stopped in his tracks.

"Yoongi? I didn't know you work here," Jungkook mumbled, those pretty, big eyes staring at him. Yoongi sighed as he nodded, "Yeah, I...uh...I had to take a break for awhile because of...why are you here?"

"To order, of course, I need some sugar to hopefully numb the pain." Jungkook sighed, Yugyeom laughing as he high fived the other and kept working. Jungkook was silent for a few seconds after that, Yoongi thought he was thinking of something to order, but he was wrong.

"Yoongi, I'm-"

"No, save it," Yoongi sighed, cutting him off before he could start apologizing, "Look, I'm sorry you lost Tae, you two were so cute together, and I know you're sorry about the whole bet thing but trust me. I'm just over it. I just want to move on, I'm not mad at you, Kookie, I promise. There's no need to apologize," Yoongi smiled, Jungkook sighed as he looked away from the smaller.

"I just— this is my fault, Yoongi," He said, sudden tears coming to his eyes, "I saw how Hoseok was thirsting over you and I used that so I could place some stupid bet. And I honestly thought he wouldn't go through with you, you know?"

Yoongi was going to speak, but Jungkook continued, "I thought, he would fall for your cute, lovable ass, and he'd call it off, ya know? But then I got with Taehyungs and I realized Hoseok was being a stubborn bastard who was going to go through with this no matter what because he hated losing."

"Jungkook, Stop," Yoongi sighed, grabbing the youngers hand, "Stop, Okay? I'm not mad, not mad at you, at least. It's hard, yes, but I can't be mad at you because...I fell for him too," Yoongi mumbled, setting his pad down and looking at the younger. "I should've known better than to fall for him so quickly but...I thought he knew what he was doing, thought he knew more about relationships than I did so I let him take the lead when I shouldn't have."

"I fucked up, too, I should've stopped him, I should've slowed things down. But at the end of the day, I'm the one who wanted him more than anything, maybe if I had waited, if I had waited just one more day instead of trying to rush things...maybe you and Tae would still be together,"

"Don't put this shit on you, Yoongi," Jungkook suddenly said, "Don't do that, this isn't your fault, it's mine and Hoseok's and you know that. You did everything right, okay? You didn't know any better and I shouldn't have taken advantage of that, Hoseok either but of course. He's not going to admit it so easily."

Yoongi nodded as he finally pulled away from the younger, looking at him with tears in his eyes. He said he's over it, and he is, but watching other people around him feel torn about the stupid decisions Hoseok made, it makes him feel just as bad as he did before.

"Gunna order anything?" Yoongi asked softly as he looked at the taller, Jungkook nodded as he looked at Yoongi, a small smile on his face. "Give me your best seller, something that'll really make me eat my pain away,"

"Got it," Yoongi smiled, "Don't worry, Kookie, it'll get better," he reassured, but he wasn't so sure, this is the first time he's seen the taller down like this. And it hurts just to watch, there's no telling how he feels.

————-

Hoseok groaned as he slammed the front door shut, not caring if his father gets mad at him. He threw his bag down on the floor and leaned against the door.

He's done. Done with that stupid school, done with his friends, done with people, done with his parents, done with his fucked up life. He's just so done.

He's always been carefree, but not this carefree, not to the point where he wants to just go to sleep and never wake up. Not to the point where he doesn't care about how many drinks he downs or how many cigarettes he smokes, not to the point where he doesn't care about the heavy foot steps slowly approaching him.

He's just so done.

"Why the hell are you making so much goddamn noise, huh?" His father asked, he was much more drunk than usual. "Because I'm fucking mad, how about for once, you just let me go in my room instead of beating the shit out of me, huh, old man?"

"The Hell did you say?"

"One day you're gunna get a damn heart attack tryna beat me, but then, even from your goddamn grave you're gunna find some way to accuse me, right? I know I'm right,"

"You little shit head-" His father started, raising his bottle and breaking it over Hoseok's head, Hoseok groaned as he clinched his teeth so hard he thought they might break, he was then punched hard, he was sure his lips were bleeding.

"One day I'm gunna get out of here, and karma is going to bite you in the ass," Hoseok muttered, walking up to his father, a sick smile on his face. His father only grew angrier as he threw his son to the ground, hitting him multiple times, for once, he was going to leave visible bruises.

He just kept hitting him and hitting him, and hitting him. He wouldn't stop this time, maybe it was a bad idea to provoke him this time. He was way too drunk. "Get the hell off of me!" Hoseok finally yelled, but he could barely move and his head was pounding, his vision was beginning to blur and he was sure he's going to die here.

But finally, he gathered enough strength to push his father off, he went towards the door and limped out, closing it behind him.

"Yoongi..." he mumbled, wincing every time he blinked or took a step. He reached into his pockets of his jacket and found his keys, he got in and drove to the only place he's ever felt really safe at.

——————-
: )

Short chapter, I know, writers block is the worst and hopefully by the next time I update, the chapters will be better and longer :,)