☾ Chapter One

Thank you so much for checking out this book! It would mean the world if you guys could comment and vote on the chapters! I know there's literally millions of books on the app, but I would love to spread this book to people who would enjoy it.

Thank you guys again, it means a lot <3

***

Silence.

I could hear my heart beating in my chest, thumping loudly in my ears. My icy eyes met with a pair of black ones staring back at me. I inhaled sharply, tearing my gaze away from them.

They belonged to someone I've only heard about but had never seen before. They belonged to Alpha Jett.

He's the alpha of one of the biggest packs in the region, the Onyx pack. They were said to be vicious, always fighting wars with little remorse, taking members from other packs.

Or so the rumors said... I always felt the pack themselves spread them so that people wouldn't mess with the pack, but these rumors felt different.

Now that I've seen the Alpha; however, the rumors didn't feel so embellished.

He was truly intimidating.

Lost in my thoughts, a cough brought me back into reality.

"Let's begin the meeting." An older man spoke at the end of the table, his black hair lined with white, the wrinkles in face gave away his years of hardship as an Alpha.

I sighed, these meetings were so boring. This was my second year at the Alpha Meetings in the region. My dad was Alpha of a small pack more to the north, The Moon Valley pack. I was here out of obligation, required to attend because I was the firstborn of my family.

My mom was excited, thinking maybe my potential mate was among the Alpha's here, now that I was eighteen, but I had to laugh those ideas off. There was no way.

I gazed around the room. Most of the people that attended last year were here again. Many of them came from large packs, each with a different ominous feeling to them, but really any pack seemed intimidating compared to mine. My dad and I were from the smallest pack at the meeting. We barely had over a hundred people.

Although we were a small pack, we were said to be favored by the Goddess, receiving blessings from her centuries ago.

Our distinct white hair, so bright it was almost luminous, blessed with unmatched healing abilities all from the Goddess herself.

Our white hair made us sought after; people wanted to own the Goddess's favorite pack. Every few hundred years or so, aggressive packs would try to lay claim on ours, slowly taking members away for their selfish desires of having a renowned healer. Our hair in itself was a treasure, one which had almost destroyed us more than once.

"We have to do something about the Hunters!" a man's voice boomed, snapping my attention away from my thoughts, I vaguely remembered him of being an Alpha to a pack somewhere in the east.

The meeting erupted in a small argument, people trying to decide on something, I guess this was just their way of doing that.

I looked over at Alpha Jett again; he was hard to ignore. I blushed when I saw he was looking at me still, flashing me a small smirk. I squirmed under his gaze, trying to focus back on the meeting.

I had little interest in other packs, so these meetings were hard for me to sit through.

Some of the men scared the living moonlights out of me; they were so rugged looking and had tempers that would send heads flying if you looked at them wrong. I usually spent most meeting pretending to take an interest in my hands which was boring since these meetings lasted a few hours.