☾ Chapter Ten

Two days have gone by since I woke up, Octavia informed me I had been out for almost a week, that the silver bolt that pierced through my skin had been dipped in Wolfsbane, a highly poisonous plant to werewolves. 

Millicent fought hard to get the infection out of my body and heal me, although my body healed on its own quickly. Apparently, it takes the average pack member a month to recover from the deadly combo. 

Octavia told me that while I was recovering, Jett never left my side, he barely let anyone in to see me. 

I blushed at the thought, I still felt remorse over killing someone, but in some odd way, it was something that was needed to move our relationship forward. 

I tried not to think about the Hunter too much; I tried not to think about the taste of his blood, the feeling of ripping his artery open. 

It was something I never wanted to experience again.

Jett hadn't told me much of the Hunter, except for the was able to slip into the border by laying silver traps down for the patrol, severely injuring some of the patrol members. They hadn't responded to Jett due to the chaos it had caused.

Even though the past few days were a bit of a blur, an unfortunate side affect to Wolfsbane, Jett and I were slowly making progress, both days he came to breakfast with Octavia and I. He doesn't say much, he just stares at me. Sometimes it makes me uncomfortable, especially while eating.

Athena came up to me on my first day of recovery and pulled me in for a big hug. She told me how worried she was when she saw me, and how she thought I was dead.

I hugged her back, grateful she had been there as well to find me. Athena's very kind and very strong. It would've meant a lot if she was there to help fight enemies off since she was one of the best fighters in the pack.

____

After a long afternoon in the garden, I entered Millicent's house. I had grown to love this place; it was a cozy cottage and made me think of my home. I treasured my time with her; she had so much wisdom to pass onto me. I felt honored to be her student.

"How are you feeling dear?" she asked me. I put down the mortar and pestle I was working with, letting out a content sight, "I'm doing better, no thanks to your healing" I smiled at her.

"Your body did most the work, my dear. I've never seen someone heal so fast from that combination of kryptonite" her eyes full of admiration while he spoke to me.

"Yes well, it was a surprise to us both" I laughed. I couldn't explain it; it's not like I did anything.

I guess that comes from being part of the Moon Valley pack, I happily thought to myself. 

I smiled, thankful that I was given such a gift. 

After some more grinding, Millicent told me to go home and get rest. 

Since I was still recovering, combat lessons had been put on hold, not that I was really complaining.

I strolled back to the pack house, lost in my own thoughts as I walked. It was such a beautiful day; I wanted to spend it outside. 

I pulled out my phone and sent a quick message to Jett.

Would you like to spend some time with me outside today? I quickly sent off. 

He was still intimidating to me, but I was making more an effort to reach out to him, to be around him.

My phone buzzed almost immediately with a response.