☾ Chapter Twenty-eight

"Come on Rhea. You can do it!" Jett teased me.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead, rolling my eyes.

"It's too hot," I whined, "We've been training for hours, can't we take a break?"

He flashed me a smile, "I'm just trying to make you stronger."

"More like trying to kill me," I mumbled under my breath.

Jett and I resumed our training after everything with Jayla, stating that if I'm going to fight, I'd have to win a fight against him. This had become our routine, I would complain about fighting and how hot it was, he'd kick my ass in response, literally.

I sat down on the ground exhausted, the sun beating down on me.

"Please, just for a minute," I begged, panting a bit. It's not that I was out of shape, more like I'd never trained this hard in my life. Part of me wished I had when I was back home, it would make this whole experience easier.

Jett nodded, sitting beside me.

"You're getting stronger," he smiled at me.

I winked at him, "Are you complimenting my nonexistent fighting skills?"

He let out a deep laugh, making me smile at the sound of his voice.

His focus suddenly snapped away; I knew someone was talking to him. I patiently waited for his conversation to be over, playing with his fingers a bit trying to get my breathing back under control.

He looked at me after a few minutes, grinning widely.

"I have a surprise for you."

"Surprise?" I echoed.

He stood up, extending his hand out to mine, "Let's go."

I took his hand as he pulled me up with ease. "Where are we going?" I asked excitedly.

He shook his head in response, pulling me along.

I couldn't help the childish grin that spread across my face as we walked, hand in hand.

"Did you mean it when you said I was getting stronger?" I suddenly asked.

"Of course, not only physically but mentally. I worry about you Rhea." He stopped, facing me. "You had to kill someone your first week because of me; you're willing to fight because of me, I would never ask you to do something like this."

my heart slightly melted at his words, I gave him a small kiss, "Jett, you don't make me do anything. Things have happened that have brought us here now. I wouldn't change anything."

He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, smiling at me.

I blushed, butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"As much as I want to sit here and kiss you all day, we need to get you to your surprise."

"Okay," I nodded a bit reluctantly, wondering if the surprise could wait so I could spend more time with Jett.

We continued to walk until a crowd of people blocked us from going further.

"What is going on?" I mumbled, trying to figure out what everyone was doing, looking around the bodies of people.

I spotted a glimpse of white hair, causing me to stop dead in my tracks.

Is that what I think it is? I gasped.

I broke out in a smile, running through the crowd. In front of me stood a large group of the Moon Valley pack, my dad in front.

I ran towards him, crashing into him wrapping my arms around him tightly.