☾Chapter Nine

I stirred, reaching my hand out feeling the soft clouds that surrounded me. 

My mind felt light, a sense of peace washed over me. I let out a small content sigh.

"Rhea..." I heard a distant voice call my name. I recognized that voice. The voice I loved to hear so much. The voice I wanted to spend more time with.

I would miss the sound of that voice. I would miss the smell, the eyes and the face that belonged to the voice.

My relaxation was replaced with regret.

"Rhea" the voice called for me again. It broke through my thoughts, it seemed so close. 

I slowly began to open my eyes, fluttering them while I adjusted to the sunlight that filled the room, a face filled my eyes, a face that I was surprised to see.

"Alpha Jett?" I whispered, not sure what was happening.

He gave me a small smile, his eyes danced with unknown emotions.

"What..." before I could finish my sentence it came back to me. Memories flooded my mind, pain inflicted my senses.

I killed someone. 

I couldn't breathe, my lungs wouldn't cooperate no matter how hard I gasped for breath.

"Hey, it's okay. Take a deep breath" Alpha Jett said in an uncharacteristically soothing voice, scooping me out of the bed I was laying in, pressing me into his chest.

"I.. I killed someone. I did.." I couldn't finish my sentence because of the sobs coming from my throat. 

My voice wasn't working, my thoughts wouldn't finish, I shut down. I grasped Alpha Jett's shirt like it was my lifeline as my entire body trembled. Pain, remorse, anger, regret. I haven't felt these emotions all at once before, they made me feel sick.

"Shhhh.." 

His hand began to stroke my hair, trying to calm me.

"You're safe, I've got you," He reassured me.

We sat in silence, he slowly rocked our bodies back and forth, a constant weight on my head played with my hair. The occasional soothing noises came from the body I melted into.

My tears slowly disappeared, replaced by small hiccups. The smell of pine and campfire enveloped my senses, my head was pressed against the steady rhythm of a heart. 

I felt safe.

"Have you calmed down little one?" Alpha Jett spoke quietly.

"Yes..." I whispered. I'd physically calmed down, but my mind replayed the mental image over and over. 

"I need you to tell me what happened," he said, slowly untangling us, setting me back on the bed across from him.

I stared at him, drinking in his image. His hair was messy, his eyes had dark circles under them. His stubble had grown out, he looked tired. 

I began to open my mouth to tell him the story but something stopped me.

It's your fault I ran. I don't have to tell you anything, I thought.

I glared at him as I remembered the blonde that was on top of him. 

The feeling of heartbreak I had when I walked in on them. The jealousy I had felt that he was intimate with someone else, but couldn't spare a few words for me. The look he gave me when I walked in.

"No," I said plainly, a small hiccup following my words.

"No?" He raised an eyebrow at me, clearly confused by my answer.