☾ Chapter Thirty-five

"Breath Rhea," Jett's voice soothed through my mind.

I tensed at his words, why is Alpha Maddox here?

Jett must've said something to Rooks through mind link because he slowly made his way to the back of the crowd to reach Alpha Maddox.

I felt sick to my stomach if he was here, was Thane?

I watched Rooks carefully as grabbed Alpha Maddox by the arm, leading him into Jett's house. No one noticed him, which I was grateful for, his betrayal was probably still fresh on the mind of a lot of pack members here.

Everyone rose up again, letting out a howl to the moon to finish the ceremony, but my mind wasn't on the ceremony anymore. I was having a full blown panic attack.

Jett squeezed my hand, "Smile, I will protect you."

I tried to smile, but it fell flat. The crowd began to disperse, concluding the ceremony. Some hung around to offer their congratulations, Jett and I stayed to thank them.

"Rhea," Athena came up to me, pulling me into a fierce hug.

I smiled, slightly relaxing as I hugged her.

"You look radiant," she smiled at me as she let me go.

"It's good to have you officially in the pack," Ryker awkwardly hugged me, careful not to make Jett mad.

I gave him a small smile, "Thank you; there's no other place I'd rather be."

Ryker took Athena by the hand as they gave us their congratulation, walking back to their small house.

Octavia came out of nowhere, tapping me on the shoulder causing me to jump a bit.

She frowned at my reaction, "Are you okay?" She whispered.

I hesitated, before slowly shaking my head.

"What's wrong?" She asked, concern filling her voice.

"Octavia, I need you to go with Ryker and Athena," Jett's voice cut through our conversation.

"But-"

"Octavia, do not fight me on this," he used his Alpha voice on her if she disrespected him, she would be punished.

She huffed before trailing after Ryker and Athena.

"Why is he here?" I turned my attention back to Jett, whispering.

Jett let out a sigh, "Let's go find out." He took my hand, leading me back to the house where Rooks and Alpha Maddox would be.

Maybe it wasn't just ceremony nerves, I thought to myself.

My stomach was churning; I think I went through every possible scenario of why he was here, none of them ended well.

We walked through the doors of Jett's house, down some stairs I had never noticed.

We went further and further down until it became clear we were in some dungeon interrogation room. It sent shivers down my spine, reminding me that while the Onyx pack is my home, I still knew very little about them.

Jett stopped, letting go of my hand, kissing me on the forehead.

"I know you're nervous, but I need you to wait out here."

I stared at him dumbfounded, "What? No!"

"Rhea, please," His eyes pleaded with mine.

I frowned, "We're mates; your problems are my problems; please let me help."