☾ Chapter Thirty-three

A week had gone by since Hunters attacked the pack, Jett was slowly recovering.

The more time I spent with him, the sadder I got whenever we were apart. I enjoyed his company, the side of him he only showed me.

"What about the rumor where you guys killed all the vampires?" I asked him, throwing some popcorn into my mouth. We were cuddling on his bed, watching a movie but it turned into me wanting to get to know the pack more.

He laughed loudly, making me smile at the sound.

"If we did, it wasn't recently."

I hummed in response, thinking of the next rumor I've heard about them.

"Thousands of members?"

He slightly nodded, "It's barely over a thousand."

"Still a lot," I mumbled under my breath.

I pursed my lips, thinking of the next thing.

"Bathing in the blood of your enemies?"

He scrunched his nose, "Sounds unhygienic."

I laughed in response, slightly laying my head on his shoulder.

"Are there any true rumors? I think I can come up with a whole list of ridiculous ones."

He thought about it, before finally answering.

"We do take members from other packs, but not by force, at least not anymore. Having treaties allows us to take in members without having to start a war. When we fight we don't have mercy," he trailed, "We can't really afford to have mercy."

I frowned when I thought about how much this pack has gone through.

"Does that bother you?" He asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

"No, honestly it doesn't."

"I don't know if that makes me happy or sad..." He trailed.

I looked up at him, "Why would it make you sad?"

"I don't have to take away your innocence," He whispered.

I sighed, "I don't want to be innocent. I don't want to be naive Jett."

He kissed my forehead, "I know, but I don't want you to see the world how I see it."

I laid my head back down on his shoulder, not sure how to respond.

"Hey," he slightly nudged me.

"Hmmm?"

"Do you want to go for a run?"

I snorted, "It's late, I don't really want to get hunted by some humans."

"Run with me, let your wolf out," he whispered in my ear.

My heart skipped a beat; this would be the first time our wolves met each other.

She was always there with me, wanting to get out, wanting to mark her mate. Each time she appeared, I had to force her down, suppress the urges but it was getting harder.

She might be ready to mark her mate, but I wasn't. I wanted to get to know him more.

"I don't know, aren't you still injured?" I lamely asked, my nerves were through the roof.

He smiled, "Thank you for your concern, but I'm doing much better."

I slowly nodded my head, "Okay," I whispered, nothing else would come out.

A smile tugged on the corners of my lips; butterflies filled my stomach, "Okay," I whispered.

"I have a place I want to take you," he smiled, unwrapping himself from me to get up.