☾ Chapter Thirty-two

"Rhea?"

My favorite sound echoed through my ears.

I slowly opened my eyes, raising my head from my hands as I sat on the floor on side of his bed.

Jett looked at me, a small smile on his face. He slightly turned his body towards me, wincing a bit as he did.

"Please don't move," I frowned at his pain.

"I'm okay."

I slowly wrapped my arms around him, careful not to touch his wounds.

"I was worried about you," I whispered.

I felt a smile against my neck as he hugged me back.

"I'm okay, honestly."

I bit back tears of relief.

"Please let me check your wounds," I whispered.

He nodded, not fighting me.

I moved the blankets off his body, exposing his bare chest.

Tears filled my eyes; he had been shot multiple times with a crossbow, small white bandages covered his body, some of them were bloody.

I picked up a small washcloth in a bowl filled with water on the nightstand, slowly removing the bandages.

"I'm sorry if this hurts," I whispered.

I began to clean the wounds, careful not to put pressure on them.

Jett relaxed, closing his eyes at my soft touch.

Some of the wounds had black veins around them, I knew instantly from my experience it was Wolfsbane.

I let out a sigh; the pain was unbearable with one bolt; he had six holes in his body.

He placed his hand on mine, not opening his eyes.

"I'm okay Rhea, I'm not going anywhere."

"The pain..." I exhaled, not able to finish my sentence.

"It's going to take more than some wolfsbane and crossbow bolts to kill me," he smiled.

I scoffed, "Please don't joke about dying Jett," my voice serious.

I was growing closer to him every day, the thought of losing him had become unbearable.

"You're right, I'm sorry," he said with the smile still on his face.

I applied a salve that was lying on the table, no doubt left by Millicent before slowly bandaging them back up.

"Did you win?" I asked in a small voice, still staring at the wounds covering his body.

"Of course I did. I just told you that you're not going to get rid of me that easy," he winked at me, slowly getting out of bed to face me.

He pulled me into his lap, careful not to place me against his freshly changed bandages. I laid my head against his chest, relief washing over me. His scent filled the air around me, his arms made me feel protected.

"Okay," I whispered, as melted into his arms.

____

I paced back and forth in my room, my anxiety through the roof. Since the pack left, our best shot at defeating Thane went out the window, and now we have to deal with the Hunters who are growing bolder by the day.

They had injured Jett and Athena and killed two members of the pack patrol. Things were starting to escalate with them around, I hadn't even thought about them.