☾ Chapter Thirty-four

I exhaled, listening to the steady beat of a heart.

"Good morning, little one," Jett's voice rang through my head.

I shot up, my face flushed at the memories of last night. I placed my hand on my neck, feeling the fresh marks sending a tingling sensation throughout my entire body.

"We're marked..." I replied.

"We are," he said as he sat up, kissing my new mark.

I giggled, the kiss sent butterflies through my stomach. I was filled with happiness, I was Jett's, and he was mine, forever.

"As much as I want to stay with you out here in this field, we should go back," he whispered, kissing down my neck.

"Mhm," I breathed, not paying attention to his words.

He let out a breathy laugh, "We have a long way to go; we should get going."

I smiled at him, conflicted. I knew he had to get back to the pack, he now had to announce me as Luna, but I wanted to stay with him in this field, not worrying about the things that would come in the future.

____

"Octavia?" I called out, excited I was now able to use pack communications since Jett marked me.

"RHEA!!!!!!" Her voice screamed in my head, "OH MY GODDESS!" Her screaming was followed by loud footsteps charging down the hallway, within seconds, my door slammed open.

"Ahhh!" She screamed again, running over to me, tackling me into a hug.

I laughed loudly; her enthusiasm was contagious. She backed away, looking at the still red mark on my neck, "Oh my Goddess" she whispered.

I blushed, not sure what to say.

"When are we announcing it?" She asked, bouncing up and down like a kid in a candy shop.

I shrugged, "I think tonight?"

She bobbed her head, "What are you going to wear?"

"I haven't really thought about it. Is there something special I need to wear?"

"I don't know," She replied with a giant grin on her face.

I chuckled at her response; I think she was more excited than I was.

She suddenly calmed down, looking at me with a serious face, "Rhea, I am so happy you are our Luna. I'm so glad that you are Jett's mate," sincerity rang through her voice.

I smiled, tears slightly brimming my eyes, "Thank you, Octavia. I'm so glad I have you," I hugged her tightly. I felt overwhelmed at everything, but a good overwhelmed.

"Now, let's pick a dress," she said, ushering me to my closet. "Nothing too formal, but something nice," she trailed, touching almost all my clothes.

"What about this?" I asked, holding a long off the shoulder lilac dress with a slit going up the side buried deep in my closet.

She nodded, "Yes, definitely that one."

I quickly put it on, examining myself in the mirror. Ever since Jett and I marked each other, I couldn't stop smiling no matter how hard I tried. The feelings I had begun to nurture for him exploded last night; everything became intensified. I could see why finding and marking your mate was unlike anything else in life.

"Rhea?" Octavia's voice brought me from my thoughts.

"Sorry?" I mumbled, "Did you say something?"