☾ Chapter Thirty-one

I laid on my bed with my head in the pillows, a surge of emotions coursing through me.

Outrage.

Disbelief.

Worry.

Sadness.

I had no idea what we were going to do about the plan to fight Thane. We planned on having a group of Moon Valley members during the eclipse, so we had enough power.

I let out a huge sigh.

Shit!

I had no idea what to tell Jett, "Oh sorry my pack sucks and bailed, guess it's just us, hope we can do it!"

Yeah, that wouldn't work.

I couldn't believe every member left; I was let down by my them, and it really hurt.

A soft knock on my door brought me from my self-pity session.

"Come in," I said muffled from my pillows.

"Well, that doesn't look very good," Jayla's voice rang through my room. I didn't even have to look at her to know she was smiling.

She was always smiling, no matter what. I frowned in my pillow.

"Why do you always smile?" I asked.

She laughed, her footsteps indicating she was walking closer.

Suddenly I felt the bed shift; I could tell she was sitting on the edge.

"Well, you've been around for as long as I have, sometimes you just have to learn to let things go. I've spent a long time being sad Rhea; I'm tired of being sad. I want to be happy."

I scoffed, "No one can be happy all the time, trust me I've tried."

The self wallow was real tonight.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No..."

"I noticed all of the Moon Valley pack members leaving, does this have to do with it?"

"Yes..."

"Do you want me to go get Jett so you can talk to him?"

I sighed, finally taking my head out of the pillows.

"No, I'll find him eventually. I want to come up with a new plan before I tell him I told everyone to leave."

She gave me a small smile and nodded, not pressing the issue further.

"Why do you want to come up with a new plan?" She asked.

I groaned, "It's my fault everyone left, I feel guilty. This was the plan we came up with, and I let my anger get ahold of me. I need to come up with something new to make it up to him."

Jayla sat silent for a while, looking like she was in deep thought.

"Rhea plans rarely work. Unexpected things always happen; you can never account for every single detail; trust me."

I stuffed my face back into my pillows, not wanting to hear her words.

"You're not helping," I said grumpily.

"Well, maybe I'm not trying to help. I'm just trying to be real with you," she replied.

____

For the second time today, I went and knocked on Jett's office. I was just as nervous as I was earlier, except this time it was for a different reason.