☾ Chapter Twenty-four

Note:

This is kind of a short chapter to fill in some detail for upcoming events.

Sorry!

Athena's POV

I ran back to the car as fast as I could, I felt sick leaving Rhea alone with that unknown fairy, but just by saying something, she was able to freeze her. There was no telling what powers she was capable of.

Shit shit shit!

If I went back to the pack without Rhea, Jett seriously might kill me, but at this point, though there was no other option, she was stuck, and I wasn't.

I finally reached the car, flooring it in the direction of the compound, I had to get back and get help for Rhea. I can't leave her by herself. I let out a few deep breathes in an effort to calm myself, but it was no use. My mind swirled with the thought of Rhea, my hands slightly trembled. She would just have to be ok until I got back.

Fuck!

Thirty minutes later, I pulled into the compound. I hastily parked the car and ran as fast as I could to Jett's to let him know what happened.

Rhea, please be okay, I sent a silent plea to the Goddess.

I burst through the door, running up to Jett's office. I didn't even bother knocking, slamming the door open, as it bounced off the wall behind it.

Jett's eyes immediately snapped up, "Athena?"

"Jett... I'm so sorry."

He looked around me, clearly trying to find Rhea. His face immediately twisted into a scowl.

"Where is she?"

I looked down, shame filling me. I left her there, I left her alone with a complete stranger.

"We... We ran into trouble. A fairy came up to us, she commanded Rhea to stay," I replied quickly. "She promised not to hurt Rhea, she told me to go!"

He stormed up to me, slapping me across the face, a sharp pain stinging my cheek.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" He boomed, his eyes were filled with rage. "A STRANGER COMES UP AND YOU LEAVE HER THERE? WHAT THE FUCK ATHENA, ARE YOU STUPID?"

I took a deep breath, "Let me explain."

"I WISH YOU FUCKING WOULD!"

"We were collecting supplies in the area Millicent told us about, all a sudden this fairy named Jayla came up to us. She had a serious fascination with Rhea, asking her to stay and be her friend. We tried to leave Jett, we tried." I said softly, trying to get him to calm down. "We were almost gone and then... She COMMANDED Rhea to stay and she couldn't move any more! I left because I was terrified that she would hurt Rhea if we didn't follow her orders..." I rubbed my face in frustration. "If it means anything, she promised she wouldn't hurt Rhea..."

Jett said nothing, his body shook from his rage, his expression dark. Jett could kill me if he wanted to, and I would let him. I deserve death after leaving his mate.

"Shit!" He finally said under his breath.

"Jett I am so sorry. I didn't know what to do, I didn't want her to get hurt..." I stopped, realizing I wasn't making the situation any better.

"Bring me Millicent, I want to have a word with her," He snarled, ready to redirect his anger onto someone else.

I immediately nodded, running out the door to the healer's cottage.

In just a few minutes, I was pounding on her door.

"Millicent! Come here, we need to go speak with Alpha Jett!" I screamed as loud as I could through the door.

I heard some shuffling on the other side of the door before it finally opened.

"Oh my dear, you look terrible. What are you screaming on about?" She exclaimed, her voice calm like it always is.

"You need to come with me to Alpha Jett's. Please, we're in a rush!" I grabbed her hand, not waiting for an answer.

We ran back to Jett's and walked into his office, his face looked darker than before when he saw Millicent.

"Millicent... You've been to the place you told Rhea about?" He asked, trying to mask his rage through clenched teeth.

"Yes, what is this about? Where is Rhea?" Millicent asked innocently, looking around.

"She's been captured by the enemy!" Jett screamed at her, his face red with rage.

"The enemy?" Millicent asked, her face contorted with confusion.

"We ran into a fairy named Jayla... She made Rhea stay there with her," I answered.

Millicent raised an eyebrow, "Jayla Grayvine?"

I frowned, "You know her?"

Millicent smiled, "Yes."

"WHO IS SHE?" Jett growled, obviously not pleased with her answer.

"She is the exiled daughter of Fairy King Zandra."