☾ Chapter Twenty-seven

The next day, Jett, Octavia, Rooks, Ryker, Athena, Jayla and I all sat in a large conference room in the pack house. It was in a wing I hadn't been to yet, dedicated entirely to pack duties.

I sat next to Jett nervously playing with my fingers as he slowly filled everyone in about what we had slowly been plotting and our new found alliance with Jayla.

The room was tense; letting the information sink in. How dangerous this situation was, what it could mean if we failed, but also what we would gain if we succeeded.

"It's too dangerous," Octavia finally broke the silence.

Athena nodded her head in agreement.

"It's worth it though, don't you want to be free?" Rooks stared at them in disbelief.

"If we're going to do this, we need more than just our pack," Ryker spoke up.

Jett sat in silence, sitting in silence, listening to everyone's opinions.

Octavia rubbed her face in frustration, Athena let out a sigh.

"This can't go on forever. We cannot let them control us just to leave the next generation going through the same horrors we all faced!" Rooks spoke up again.

I rubbed my temples; everyone's points were absolutely valid which just made this even harder.

Jayla finally spoke, "I know this is a big decision. But this reign of terror must end. We are the only ones who can actually do it."

"I agree, but people will lose their lives. The entire pack might be wiped out! We're no match, what is the point of fighting for freedom if there's no one to benefit from it?" Octavia questioned.

"I think it's worth the risk," I quietly spoke up. I felt out of place here, I hadn't been enduring the torment caused by Thane for as long as everyone else in this room. Hell, I didn't even know Thane was around until last week.

I felt selfish putting them all in this situation.

"I know I haven't been with you guys long, but you're all family to me. I've only been through the Collection once and..." I trailed, recalling the details. "I know this is selfish, I know I have no right to request this from any of you, but I would like you all to lend me your strength, to help me free your pack," I said confidently.

Jett grabbed my hand, giving it a tight squeeze.

"Of course you have the right to request our help, you're our Luna," Rooks smiled at me.

I smiled broadly. I was just recognized as Luna.

Jayla finally spoke up, "Rhea, do you know the history of your pack?"

"I mean, only what has been passed down from our Elders. Is there something more?"

She smiled, "So much more."

I furrowed my brows, "What do you mean?"

"Your pack is favored by the Goddess, blessed with superior healing powers," she pointed to my hair, "It's said your pack has white hair from the kiss of the Goddess herself. However, your pack has been targeted over the centuries for these reasons. The Goddess felt remorse, watching her favored pack face so much destruction."

I listened intently to what she had to say, my eyes widening.

"The Moon Valley pack became smaller and smaller, not being able to defend themselves. During an eclipse, your pack was suddenly attacked, nearly being wiped out. The Goddess was enraged and gave your pack an additional blessing, unmatched strength, allowing them to fight off the attackers."