☾ Chapter Thirty-Six

Jett, Rooks, Athena, Octavia, Ryker, Jayla and I all sat in Jett's office as Rooks explained what happened the previous night.

My eyes never left Jett, he looked exhausted, his eyes lined with dark circles, I frowned at the memory of the previous night, how vulunerable Jett had been.

"So someone is informing them of our actions?" Athena was the first to speak up. 

After last night, I had put that much together. If they knew we had put in mandatory training, the only conclusion is someone in this pack was telling him. 

We had a rogue. 

Octavia cursed under her breath, as Rooks confirmed Athena's suspicions. 

"It doesn't matter anyway, the entire Moon Valley pack left, our plan fell apart before it evens started," I said.

"It was a damn good plan too," Rooks frowned.

"We can still come up with something," Jayla spoke up.

"No," Jett cut in, "Octavia, Athena, Ryker, I need you guys to leave, I have some things to discuss." 

"But-" Octavia began to protest.

"Please, don't argue with me on this," He responded. 

She let out a sigh but didn't say anything else as they took their leave. Jayla, Rooks and I remained in the room, the air tense.

I rubbed my face; the realization of the situation seriously weighed on me.

"What are you thinking?" Rooks asked.

Jett sighed, "We have to deal with the rogue. If we don't, whatever we do will just be leaked."

Rooks nodded, "It won't be easy."

Jett looked grim, "No it won't, especially if they know our plan, but it's like Rhea said, we have to come up with a new plan."

I pursed my lips, I didn't know what else we could do, what would be powerful enough to stop Thane and release everyone from his influence.

"I have connections still in the fairy kingdom," Jayla knitted her eyebrows, her face concentrating. "If my sources are right, Thane and Delphine live not far from the boundaries. If we could take out Delphine, we would have a real shot at Thane."

I stared at her, slightly horrified by her plan, "It's too dangerous, we can't risk it. If we fail, that's it."

"It might be the only chance we have," Rooks said but he looked just as concerned as I felt.

"We can't, we have to find another way," I turned to Jett, "It's risking too much."

Jett stayed quiet, his eyes deep in thought.

Finally, he spoke. "We can't do that it like that, but we do need to find a way to cut Delphine from Thane. Jayla is right; it's the only way we'd have a shot."

"It's too dangerous," I said once again. "Jayla if we fail, we will all die. We need more time."

She nodded her head, "We do need more time, but it's not something we can afford anymore. If they know one thing, they could know the entire plan. We can't wait until the eclipse anymore."

I ran my hands through my hair, letting out a huge sigh. I knew that our plan would no longer work, there's no way if Thane and Maddox knew they would let us casually slip by for another seven months. 

"No one outside this room is to know of the plan we make," Jett said, his voice firm.

"Not even Athena?" I asked, surprised he would leave her out. I could understand not telling Octavia, he wanted to be safe just in case anything happened to him, but Athena was one of our best fighters.