☾ Chapter Two

Note:
Don't forget to comment and like! It means the world to me for you guys to read this book!

***

My head spun at his words. My knees felt like they would give out any second.

Part of wanted to fall, to give myself an out of this conversation, the other part of me wanted to hold my ground and not show how phased I was, however judging by his expression it was too late for that.

The wolf part of me wanted to run into his big sexy arms.

Sexy? I mentally scolded myself. I was better than that.

"I.. u-uh..um" I tumbled over the words.

The alpha huffed impatiently, obviously not very impressed with my way with words.

"Are you always this expressive or are you just stupid?" He glared at me. "I will not stand to have an inferior Luna." His sentence brought me back from my minor panic attack.

"Excuse you I am not stupid," I said with a confident tone. I straightened my body, standing tall narrowing my eyes at him.

He let out a scoff, "so you can speak in a full sentence. How proud you must be."

I glared at him, asshole.

This was my mate. My MATE. The person I would spend the rest of my life with.

This was the person who was supposed to love me and protect me; we could live together peacefully and raise a few pups and.. my thoughts drifted away at the feeling of a tear rolling down my cheek.

My traitorous tears were escaping, I scowled, quickly wiping them away slightly embarrassed.

My mind raced about my future, is it possible to reject him? I mentally sighed; the smart side of me knew it would never work. He would never take no for an answer, and even if he did, he could easily kill me if he really wanted to.

Realizing I was out of options I gave up I. I wasn't a match for this Alpha. I knew it, and something tells me he knew it too by that stupid smirk he had on his face.

I straightened myself back up and let out a sigh, "I'm going back in; the meeting is starting soon." I walked towards the door without waiting for his response. My wolf was whimpering with each step I took, farther away from our mate.

It's times like this my wolf and I could talk so I could be like "Hey, I know he's my mate and all but he's scary as shit and rude, and we don't want him around" and my wolf would respond like "Totally agree with you girl, let's reject him" and then things would be better, maybe.

I sighed, a bit louder than I meant. For the second time tonight, my dad leaned over.

"Rhea" he looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "Is everything okay? You seem a bit.." he stopped. He probably had no idea what word to use to describe how I looked.

Upset? Displeased? Shocked? Horrified? I thought to myself.

I gave him a slight smile, placing my hand on his, "Yeah, I'm okay. Thank you."

The meeting started up again, but this time I wasn't even going to pretend to listen.

My head was spinning with the revelation. I'm Alpha Jett's mate? Me? I silently cursed my luck.

If the rumors about the Onyx pack weren't true, their alpha did not strike me as a very patient, understanding, kind guy.

My mind raced about my future, how drastically it changed in the past twenty minutes. Dark, scary, full of the unknown. The thought terrified me. I felt the tears brimming in my eyes again.