☾ Chapter Fifteen

"Rhea, how are you doing your hair tonight?" Octavia called from my bathroom.

I pursued my lips in thought, "I was thinking about leaving it down, do you have any suggestions though?" I asked playing with my hair slightly.

Octavia put her hand on her chin, tilting her head to the side as she looked at my hair.

"I think you should leave it down. Maybe we could put a laurel in it?" She said, digging through all the accessories she brought to my room, "I think I have a silver one lying around somewhere..."

I looked at the dress hanging against my wall trying to picture the laurel.

"I feel like that's too much... maybe just pull some of my hair back and braid it down the middle?"

Octavia nodded in agreement, "I think that'll look amazing."

I took the dress off the hanger, sliding into it. It hugged my body in all the right places, and enhanced my curves. My chest filled the top of the dress in a flattering way, not too much cleavage, but just enough to have some appeal.

"Come here, I'll braid your hair for you."

I smiled at Octavia and walked into the bathroom. She gathered up my hair in the middle, trying to take out the tangles with her fingers and began braiding, which turned into more of a fishtail braid by the end.

She gave a nodded indicating she was done, flashing a pearly smile.

"Beautiful. Are you going to do your makeup?"

I looked at my bare face, I didn't normally wear makeup, but I felt so elegant in this dress I wanted to take it to the next level.

"Sure, but just a little. Maybe some eyeliner and mascara?"

She smiled and me and began to pick up her makeup. She lightly lined my eyelid, flicking the liner out into a delicate wing. She picked up the eyelash curler and began curling my lashes before layering a few layers of mascara on.

Satisfied with her work, she put everything down and picked up some lip gloss and put on just enough to make my lips shine.

"Perfect" she breathed.

I turned around and looked in the mirror, my eyes widening at my reflection. I looked beautiful, I felt beautiful.

I began to get excited for the night.

"Your turn!" I turned back to Octavia, helping her get ready for the night.

She slipped on the light green dress she had picked out, and slightly curled her shoulder length bob, pinning some of it back behind her ear. She followed the same makeup she had used on me but had a much more dramatic eyeliner wing.

She finished off her look with bold red lipstick, which made her look much more mature.

I smiled at her, "You look amazing."

She smiled back and took my hand, leading me out of my room to head downstairs.

At the bottom of the stairs, Jett was waiting for us.

My eyes drank in his appearance. His hair was neatly combed back, his stubble neatly groomed, his tall, muscular frame in a form-fitting black suit, paired with a light blue tie.

I smiled slightly at the sight of his tie, it was the same color as my dress.

I wonder if Octavia told him to wear it?

He was busy talking to Beta Rooks, who looked equally as handsome in his dark grey suit, but my eyes kept snapping back to Jett.

"We're here!" Octavia loudly announced, interrupting whatever Jett and Beta Rooks were speaking about in hushed whispers.