☾ Chapter Thirty-seven

I sat on Jett's bed later that night, staring intently at my hands. Jayla and I did more training which helped me shave a few seconds the time it took for my hands to do the healing glow.

Part of me wondered if every Moon Valley member had this ability, and this is why we were always said to be renowned healers. The other part of me wondered how the hell Jayla knew something like this, but of course, she was secretive about her answers.

I was so lost in thoughts at my new found ability I didn't realize Jett had sat on the bed beside me.

He raised an eyebrow, staring at my hands with me, "Is there something wrong with your hands?"

I blushed, clearing my throat, "Actually, I have something to show you," I grinned.

He gave me a funny look but didn't say anything, I closed my eyes and exhaled, thinking about the seed Jayla told me to visualize. She said that to heal; I had to think about the cycle of life, beginning to end.

In a short amount of time, I began to feel the tingling sensation in my hands.

"What the hell?" I heard Jett whisper.

I gave a small laugh, opening my eyes. Jett was staring at my hands, wide eyes, his face slightly etched with concern.

"I want to show you, but I need an injury," I gave me a shy look, "I know this sounds weird but can you cut your arm somewhere, enough to draw blood."

He raised an eyebrow at me but obliged, cutting his arm from his canine teeth. Immediately blood began to flow from the cut. I slowly moved my hands to his arm; the wound started to vanish.

Jett whipped his head up from the wound to meet mine, his eyes wide, "What the hell!"

I grinned, "Apparently this is what they mean when they say the Moon Valley pack has great healing abilities," I said as the cut on his arm slowly faded.

"Whoa," Jett whispered, his eyes fixated on the cut that was now gone.

"Pretty neat, right?"

He looked up at me, his eyes swirled with emotions, "You are the most amazing person I have ever known." I blushed at his comment, pride surged throughout my body.

He pulled me into him, his lips crashing onto mine. I melted into his arms as our tongues swirled together.

Suddenly he pulled back, giving me a sad smile. I frowned, confused by his actions.

"Rhea..." He sighed, "Rooks and I need to go away on some business for a couple of days," he frowned.

"W-what?" I mumbled, already feeling lonely.

He sighed, "With Maddox being here, I want to make sure our agreements with the other packs are still in place, I need to make sure nothing is going on."

I nodded, I mean I understood the reasoning, but it didn't make it easier.

"When do you have to go?" I asked, slightly playing his with hand.

"Right now," he frowned.

"Oh..." I answered in a small voice.

"I promise, I will be as quick as I can. I don't want to leave you."

"I know," I smiled at him. When I first moved here, Jett put as much distance between as he could, if you would've told me how much our relationship progressed just a couple months later I would've rolled my eyes and laughed. But now, I knew how much I meant to him, and I knew how much he meant to me.

The mating bond had a lot to do with our pull and our initial attraction, but I realized that Jett isn't a terrible person. He's an alpha that has a significant burden on his shoulders. He's someone who misses his parents, someone who has felt the betrayal of his brother daily.