☾ Chapter Sixteen

Thane?

I looked around but had no idea who to look for.

I felt Jett's hand grip me tighter, slightly pulling me in closer to his body, the atmosphere changed so drastically it made the hair on my arms stand.

I thought this guy didn't come to these events? Why is everyone so damn tense? 

I kept looking around the room, trying to find the person everyone's attention seemed to fixate on.

"Well hello, my dear friends" a voiced purred behind Jett and I, with a slight accent.

I turned around, instantly faced with who must've been Thane. His blonde hair tied neatly back into a ponytail held by a ribbon made him seem elegant. The contours of his face were all elongated and sharp, his nose thin and narrow, his eyes narrow, a gleaming color of purple. 

He wore a long golden and emerald cape that surrounded his entire body, a white robe underneath. 

On top of his head lay a golden circlet with a green gemstone in the middle. He was beautiful to look at, but there was something about him that was equally terrifying, power radiated from his body, the glint in his eyes was malicious.

A woman accompanied him, her face was as sharp as Thane's but more elegant. Her purple eyes washed over all of us, as she slowly walked up with Thane, tucking in a strand of her fire red hair behind her ear.

Her golden dress was low-cut, plunging in the back, the rest of the fabric clung onto her skin leaving nothing to the imagination, she wore a matching circlet as Thane on her fiery mane.

They must be mates, I thought. Wait do fairies have mates?

Alpha Maddox broke the tension between Thane and Jett first, giving a slight bow to Thane. "Thane, Delphine, it is an honor and a surprise to see you tonight."

Thane gave a small hum in response, fixating his narrow purple eyes on me.

"My... what lovely hair you have," he reached out taking a handful of it, letting it fall around his hand.

My breath hitched in my throat, shivers spread throughout my body; my wolf once again urged me to run. I tightened my grip around Jett, I was genuinely terrified. 

"You must be from the Moon Valley pack. Such distinctive hair your kind has. I was told to come tonight, I'm extremely pleased I decided to. You are quite beautiful," he hissed through his smile.

I cleared my throat to hide my fear. "I do not believe we have met before. My name is Rhea Estur. It is a pleasure to meet you." 

"The pleasure is all mine darling, all mine." He grinned in response to me. "Do tell, are you here tonight with Alpha Jett?"

"Yes, I am an honored guest of his pack. He graciously invited me to come with him tonight." I replied, trying to sound as sweet as I possibly could.  I quickly glanced at the woman named Delphine, her eyes were fixated on me, her stare was piercing like she could see through me. I shifted on my feet uncomfortably, unsure of what to do.

I looked up at Jett, but his eyes were laser focused on Thane. I'm not even sure he was aware we were having a conversation.

I lightly touched his arm in hope to bring him back to the conversation. He exhaled, slightly squeezing my sides, silently responding to my touch.

"How fascinating. It has been some time since I have seen you, Alpha Jett... I do think the last time was.. well, we don't have to talk about the last time." He grinned, his voice playful.