☾ Chapter Thirty

I knocked softly on the Jett's office door, taking a deep breath.

Jayla and I arrived back at the compound when we ran into Octavia, who informed us that her brother was not very happy with me, which didn't surprise either of us.

It made me nervous; it reminded me of how I felt when I first met Jett, my interactions with him as the intimidating alpha. 

I quietly opened the door, looking around the room for him.

Jett was sitting at his desk, typing away on his laptop.

I cleared my throat, "Jett," I said nervously.

He stopped typing but didn't look up.

I sighed and walked in, sitting across from him at his desk. I felt like a student getting in trouble at school sitting in the principal's office.

I quietly sat in the chair while he continued to work; he didn't have to look at me for me to tell that he was furious, the tension in the air was enough to give it away.

After a few minutes, he closed his laptop and looked up at me.

"Where were you?" His voice was flat.

I bit my lip nervously, "Jayla asked me to come with her to do something," I figured she didn't actually clear it with him but no point in bringing that up now.

"So you just left?"

I pursed my lips narrowing my eyes a bit, "I didn't realize I was under house arrest."

He let out a sigh, "You're not, I just worry about you."

"Jayla said she needed help to get someone on our side, and asked me to go with her," I explained further while I played with my fingers nervously, "When we got there it was a demon," I said quickly, hoping he wouldn't catch the ending.

His jaw clenched, "What?"

I hesitated before answering, "It turned out her friend was a demon and..." 

"And?"

"And apparently he's got something to settle with your brother." 

He frowned.

"My brother?"

I nodded, "he said he wanted to kill him."

He looked deep in thought before shrugging, "I mean he'll have to get in line behind me," he said winking at me, the tension seemed to lessen.

I gave a small chuckle, "I don't know who he is, but I guess Jayla has known him for a long time. I'm sure we'd be able to get more out of him."

He shook his head, "Demons are secretive to a fault, he won't tell us shit unless he wants to. If you trust Jayla, that's enough for me."

I smiled, thankful he trusted me enough to make that decision.

I nodded, "I trust her."

____

Later that night, I made my way over to the dining hall and eagerly made my way to a table with all my pack members sitting at it.

"Rhea!" a few of the members exclaimed when they saw me.

I instantly smiled; it was so nice to see familiar faces.

"How are you? How has training been?" I asked as I sat down in between two fighters.

Some nodding and murmurs of good echoed throughout the table.