Chapter Thirteen: Twin Antics

The rest of the day went fairly well. I didn't run into Ethan after English, which was relieving but I know deep down I missed his presence. I mean, He was a reason I actually enjoyed class today.

To my disappointment, Ethan didn't show up for detention as he was excused for personal reasons. Most probably got his mum or dad to bail for him.

When I arrived at the orphanage, the sky was a mixture of orange, purple and yellow and a tinge of red. It was beautiful. A slight speckle of stars littered the sky just above my head. I sense of calmness washed over me as the warm wind caressed my face. I slowly opened the door but it was eerily silent.

Hmm

That's weird. Well, at least there some peace and quiet-

"MIA!!  Get your stinking butt upstairs now or I will seriously consider on getting another twin sister!"

Good things just never last. Huh.

A sudden weight jumping on my back caused me to shriek. 

"Isa, Please save me. Lea is after me. Save Me!"

A bit alarmed by her fear filled voice, I scan the staircase as well as cautiously peer into the kitchen and lounge. Booming footsteps snap my head towards the staircase as a livid Lea storm down them. Her face scrunched up in anger. Her puffed out cheeks just makes me want to laugh, but I kept it at bay by biting my lip. Though I am sure you couldn't miss the amusement swirling in my eyes.

"Isabella, hand Mia over to me or I wouldn't hold back trying to go through you to get to that  little twit."

Her words were directed to me but her eyes we glaring at the petite body groping at my shoulders, trying to hide behind me. A threat coming from a twelve-year-old wasn't as...threatening as she deemed it to be so I, being the mature teenage I am, said-

"Can you give me a reason as to why I should do just that?"

"Well little miss Mia over there, as brain-dead as always, never realise that she was using my toothbrush instead of her own. Aaand she left it inside the sink when she was done. Who the hell does that?!"

Mia giggled softly in my ear, which indicated she knew exactly what she was doing at the time. She knew her sister better then anyone, I mean their twins for god's sake. 

Lea is a hygienic-maniac. She can't stand unwashed hands, uncleaned dishes and goes nuts when people use her toothbrush. She has a specific place for everything and honestly, the side of the room is like the only one that that doesn't have a speck out of place.

"And why did you that, Mia?" I raised an eyebrow at her, turning my head slightly towards her."

She giggled a bit, not even trying to be discreet about it and put on an innocent look.

"Lea, I promise I didn't know it was your toothbrush," I smirked as I felt her tiny hands with a crossed fingers press further into my back, hiding it from Lea.

"Oh, sister dear, I know you did because yours is purple and mine is pink. And let's not forget the fact that mine has my name written on it in black marker."

I let out a soft chuckle but I cut it off as Lea's glare focused on me.

"Isa," Lea's voice sickeningly sweet. "I am gonna give you three seconds to hand over Mia or I swear that I am going to get her myself."

The twitch in her eye clarified that she was serious. Mia and I looked at each other silently debating on what to do. Then she started menacingly-

"One."

The adrenalin kicked in immediately.

"Two."

Mia still on my back, squealed and I followed suit.

"Three."

We took off, still squealing loudly, to the lounge. Our footsteps thundering on the wooden floors. Despite our hysterical screeching...our laughter filled the air around us. It made the room warm and happy. And right then, I am content. My smile is genuine, my laugh genuine. Our reckless and innocent running around the coaches, our laughing, It just made me calm. It made me forget about my fucked up life, our fucked up lives. We were utterly and completely happy.

A good twenty minutes this carried on, but as always...Good things come to an end. That's when we heard a booming voice caused us to halt in our movements. 

A sight we must be. A seventeen-year-old girl in a "Take Off" position, one leg still raised, frozen on the spot. A twelve-year-old girl, barely able to hold on to her back. Both bearing small cushions in their hands. Another twelve-year-old holding a size six worn-out sneaker above her head standing on the love seat with one right foot sock on whilst the other lay on the seventeen-year-old shoulder. Their faces flushed with the running and clothes hanging loosely on them. 

A sight we are.

But our faces weren't the only ones flushed...Miss Bullen's face out did us all. Her face was a furious shade of sheer anger. 

"What in the heavens is going on here?!" 

Her voice was so rambunctious it instantly made Mia fall onto the ground with a thud on her bottom. She let out a surprised yelp and Lea and I both bit our lips to contain our laughter. Miss Bullen kept glaring at each of us in turn until she settled on me. And it suddenly felt as though the air was sucked out of the room. 

Before I could go back to the there, we heard a snort escape, Lia. Our heads snapped to her and then she couldn't hold it anymore. Her laugh brought the air back in the room. She snorted again and that spontaneously caused a huge grin to breakout on my face. Then mia broke. She laughed with her sister. With one last glance at Trunchbulls face, I burst into laughter with them. We were rolling on the floor by the time our laughing got so bad, our mouths were stretched open but not a sound came out. 

Mia and Lea, finally calming down, they stood up with me and wiped the remaining tears of their rosy cheeks.

They started talking animatedly to each other about something that happened today, giggling to each other as if nothing happened concerning a certain person toothbrush. 

I looked towards where the Trunchbull stood, only to find it empty. Huh? Wonder where she went?

With that thought lingering in my mind I, I headed upstairs, not forgetting to grab my old bag which must have fallen of my shoulder somewhere during the whole episode. 

Homework

Tons and tons of homework.

Is it possible to get those yellow aliens with blue jumpers, what do you call them..umm never mind... I wish they could do my homework.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minions Isabella, minions.

Hiii!!! Sorry, I wasn't updating. I had a lot going on. But hey at least you got a chapter now right.

Its a bit boring but I wanted to share a part of the bond Isabella and the girls share.

Love ya'll

xoxo xcrazymonkeyx