Chapter Twenty Five: Close Your Eyes

"Gracy, Gracy! What's your favourite song?"

Her big blue eyes shone down at me as we sat on her soft bed.
She tapped her chin, pretending to think hard.

She then beamed at me and said-

"Definitely You Are The Reason by Calum Scott."

I grinned giddily right back at her and jumped on her so she fell on her pillow with a soft thud. We giggled to together.

"Can you please sing it for me? I love that song."

As a thirteen-year-old girl with no siblings or anyone to look up to, Gracy and I became the best of sisters. I look up to her and I love to sing with her. You Are The Reason was our all-time favourite. She sang it every day when she got ready for school. She sang it whenever she thought of Ryan.

"Sure Sugarplum."

And the lyrics floated around us-

I don't wanna fight no more
I don't wanna hide no more
I don't wanna cry no more
Come back I need you to hold me
(You are the reason)
Come a little closer now
Just a little closer now
Come a little closer
I need you to hold me tonight

"I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason..."

I sang softly. I gazed at the dark galaxy above me. My singing filling the silence that surrounded us.
Yes, I knew he was here. My heart started beating. But unlike the other times, my body didn't react because I felt nothing but the cold breeze hitting my face.

"You know I wish I was a star," Ethan stiffened but still kept quiet.
"To be able to look down at the happiness you only yearn to have. The love you witness in movies. And the pain and suffering that most of the world seem to believe are non-existent. And to look at the faces gazing at me, wishing for something greater. "

Ethan didn't say a word, he looked at me. I didn't look back. My eyes were fixed on the obsidian that wants to swallow me. Unexpectedly he crouched down and lay flat on his back right next to me. His arm was pressed on my arm and my breathing shallowed slightly when feeling the sparks racing through me.

We sat for what seemed to be hours until I felt his warm hand snake across my waist. I stiffened considerably feeling him bury his face in my neck. He breathed in and it sent shivers down my spine. And then I felt warm and slightly calm.

Then my eyes fluttered closed and our breathing synchronized with our heartbeats.
Then I fell asleep soundly after two nights of havoc.

***

The seagulls were chirping and the waves crashed against the sand. My eyes were still closed but I didn't dare open them.

I could feel his fingers tracing the side of my face delicately. His breath fanned across my face, warm and surprisingly minty even though he slept the whole night.

I shuddered involuntarily as I felt him pull me closer and leave a sweet kiss on my forehead.

I fluttered my eyes open and immediately met with brilliant eyes staring right back at me. I was a bit taken aback honestly. I didn't know how he found me, I didn't know why he stayed. I didn't know... anything.

I closed my eyes and breathed in trying to remain calm. Why had I let him in more than I'm supposed too? It's not right.

I pulled away, my eyes still closed, because I didn't want to see his face as I did.

I was falling. But I didn't know if he was going to catch me before I hit the ground.

I stood up then opened my eyes looking at the morning sky. The breeze was chilly and the light air whipped my unruly hair around. I didn't dare look at him. I couldn't. So keeping my eyes straightforward, I turned around and walked. I heard him shuffle to his feet.

"Hey! Bella, where are you going?" His voice was surprised and slightly hoarse. Deeper than usual.

"I'm going home," I replied curtly not sparing a glance his way.
I heard his footsteps and then his warm grasp met my arm and he turned me around. I kept my eyes on my feet. I felt his hand lift my chin but I closed my eyes.

"Look at me, Isabella," his voice left me dazed.

The feeling of Deja vu washed over me, remembering the first time he said those same words, sent shivers up my spine.

But now my mind was slightly at rest so my eyes opened obeying his command. His eyes searched mine.

"Tell me what's wrong?" His voice was laced with care. I was getting intoxicated by his eyes and I was not liking it.

"Nothing... just forget everything, Ethan. Everything," I spoke softly.

He shook his head shifting on his feet.

"But I can't Bella. I can't. You were missing for two nights and it drove me crazy. I can't just forget. When I finally found you, I've never seen you this - this.-"

"Broken." I looked at him pointedly and it was his turn to look down. "Yes, Ethan. You can say it. I'm a broken fucking girl and there's nothing you can do about it. Because you may be making me go nuts and maybe making my heartbeat for the first time in a long time, I can't let you in. I can't-"

He cut me off-

"But you can. Isabella, you can. No one is stopping you but yourself." He grasped my shoulders tightly like I was going to run away. His eyes bore into mine showing me the countless of emotions storming inside of them.

"Ompa lompa," he gave me a small smile. "let me in..."

By now my eyes were glazed over and my body felt like melting. Deep down I knew I was waiting for something like this. Someone to be my pillar. To be there and save me from the black hole that's sucking me in with every passing day. I needed him, I knew it. But I didn't want it to suck him in too.

"Ethan, I can'-"

Before I could finish his lips were on mine. His eyes were shut while mine were wide open in surprise. If I give in, I fall. If I close my eyes, I break another brick. If I don't push him away, it may be the greatest or worst thing I'll ever do.

And then he murmured against my lips-

"We're both broken Bella, more than we know..."

I closed my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my god! I got freaken chills.

Mahn am I a good writer, or what? LOL
Anyway, I hope yourl enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if any of url shed some tears. I mean we all softies and can't hold the tears in our eyes sometimes.

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Love yourl <3
xoxo xcrazymonkeyx