Chapter Thirty: Take Me Away

Instead, I bumped into a chest and panic rose when I looked up to see two furious green-blue eyes staring at me.

Oh shit.

Traitorous tears still slid down my red cheeks as I looked up at him. His eyes flittered to the classroom door that was open a slit. I heard muffled sobs coming from its confinement and my heart dropped.

How much did Ethan hear? How much does he know?

My eyes we searching his furious features for any signs of truth. Any signs that he might know why I'm crying and why cries were resonating inside of a teachers classroom.

"Start explaining now Isabella?" His voice was firm and held no emotions. I shivered at its intensity.

My gazed fixed onto my shoes beneath me and I mumbled not seemingly able to form any words.

"Isabella" He draws out my name and stiffly places his forefinger and thumb on my chin bringing my head to meet his piercing gaze. I look him straight in his eyes. I watched at it shone with an emotion I was not familiar with.

"What do you want Ethan?" He huffed.

"Come on now Ompa lompa. You think I'm not gonna suspect something is up. You are crying and apparently so is someone in that classroom. I heard shouting and when you came out of the classroom I knew something was up."

"Well, why don't you sit down in a corner and carry on suspecting, because whatever happened in that classroom is none of your business." I sad in the coldest voice I could muster in my current state.

"You've got to be kidding me," He let out an emotionless laugh. " You're closing me off again aren't you? I'm here for a reason Isabella. Why are you closing me off when I just got into your life? I told you I care Bella. I told you I care for you and you close me off after you let me in a-"

"See that's what I do. I'm closed up okay. I'm a cold heartless bitch and right now you either fuck off or get hit by an iceberg." I pushed past him.

I walked down the empty hallway.

He'll come to me.
He'll run to catch up with me. He'll turn me around. He'll hold me.

I was trying to convince myself over and over again.

Turn around! Turn around Isabella. TURN AROUND!

No matter how loud my mind was screaming, I couldn't. I had no will or hope left in me. I couldn't turn around. And what hurt the most was as soon as I pushed open those double doors and was hit with fresh stinging air,

I knew he was coming either.

***

How I ended up with a bottle in my hand and a pitch-black canvas above me, beats me.

All I know is that the burning sensation of the alcohol running down my throat with every sip, was a better feeling than anything else.

Half the bottle was gone and I couldn't feel anything. If I fell off the balcony, I wouldn't feel the impact of the floor. If I break this bottle and the chards of the glass cut me, I wouldn't feel the blood paint my skin. If I squeezed my heart with my own bare hands, I wouldn't feel it crush within because I'm just that numb.

I looked around me, My eyes were blurry and unfocused. I made out a window and a strangely familiar blanket laying lamely next to me.

There were no stars in the sky. No brilliant moon to light up the dark obsidian above me. I was left in the dark, on a balcony of the place I call home. But it wasn't my home. The girls were not my home, they were my life. But I didn't feel at home. One day they're gonna leave and find a beautiful family somewhere far away and Alaska will go off to college...

And I'll be left because no one wants a broken girl. Furthermore, I don't want a family. I don't deserve one. I deserve nothing but death.

NOTHING!!!

I stumbled to my feet not bothering to be careful. I gripped the bottle tighter and took a swig feeling it slide down my throat washing down the tears. I felt cold, hard and emotionless.

I was drowning and no one was here to pull me back up. I was drowning in my tears, my demons adding more pressure, my memories striking shocking lightning bolts right at it. Electrifying me and leaving me to burn.

"Take me, you want me, then take me away!" I was screaming at the sky. Hoping those fucking demons could hear me. My voice was slurred but I gave not one flying fuck about it. I was tired and sick of all this.

"You brought him back you fucking bastards! He was supposed to be gone but you had to make me suffer more! You had to bring back the memories. Stupid Fucking Demons! JUST DROWN ME ALREADY!"

My body was crying inside. My body racked with non-existent tears. I was breaking. Fast.

I was about to collapse when I felt an unfamiliar touch grab me fast and pull me in. Arms wrapped around me and I heard the bottle clatter beside me spilling the leftover contents on the wooden floor.

I gripped dearly on the unidentified human who grabbed me.

Her arms were bulky and her scent-neutral. Her matron uniform crinkled as I clung onto her. M body was shaking uncontrollably.

"Isabella, don't let them be. Fight them." She whispered in my ear gently. The tone is so foreign to her. But right now she was the only one here. She was the only one who pulled me up. She was there and I don't know why.

After these years of beatings and hateful glares and rude remarks, she holds me in her arms and encourages me to chase my demons away. To fight them off.

Not Ethan, not Alaska, not anyone but the Trunchbull. Miss Bullen herself.
Here, I thought she hated me.

She's supposed to hate me, not hold me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, guys, It's officially my holidays. Reports handed in and examination marks revealed. I must say a much better term indeed.

Anyway, I was not in a good mood today so Isabella ended up crashing. I'm sorry. I mean I feel like crying for my character. She deserves the world.

What are your thoughts on Bullen?

Love you all!

xoxo xcrazymonkeyx