Chapter Eighteen: He left...

Friday!

Everyone's lifesaver. Raise your hand and shout 'I' if you agree. Did you do it? If you did, then well done because now you look like a complete idiot to whoever saw you.

Hahahaha! I'm so funny, aren't I? Of course, I am. I don't need anyone to tell me whether I am or not.

Well, you definitely need me to tell you to get your head out the gutter...

Look whose back people, how wonderful.

How much you missed me Bella dear?

Zero per cent. As a matter of fact, minus zero per cent.

I think the terms 'negative'.

Do you see me caring?

No.

Then why are wasting your time?

Maybe because I'm stuck here. Ever thought of that?

You are so-

"Oof..."

Crash!

I snapped back to reality but immediately wanted to close my eyes as I saw my face near the ground. Waiting for the impact, I held my breath. But it never came.

I opened an eye seeing white at first.

"Am I finally in hell?"

A gruff voice brought me back to my senses-

"Well not technically. But no, you are still alive."

Wait I know that voice. I closed my eyes as I felt his hands pull me back to my feet. When I was properly settled, my eyes shot open.

From his sandy blond hair to his striking green eyes. From his tall form to his slightly crooked nose.

I gulped. Frozen. I was frozen. I couldn't move. The halls were still empty as the bell only would ring in a few minutes. I had a free period and I was making my way back from the library.

I think I'm dreaming. He can't be here. That's impossible. He left, a very long time ago.

"No! Don't go. Don't leave!" Tears streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry I just can't..." He backed away his eyes glazed with tears.

My eyes blazed. I blinked trying to see if it's true. Just then the bell ringed and the class doors slammed open. Students scurried out immediately filling the corridor.

"Nice to see you too B."

And he was gone. With the crowd. Like he wasn't there just a few minutes ago. The years that past. It's impossible. It just can't be. The memories flashed through my head, slowly unravelling itself from the depths of my mind.

Still frozen, I stood motionless whilst everyone bustled around at me. Some cursed at me. Some just ignored me. But I didn't seem to worry. My mind was blank. 

It was just unfathomable.

I took a much needed deep breath-

"Ryan..."

***

Ring!

"That's the bell everyone. Don't forget to do that homework. Yourl are dismissed."

Everyone grabbed their things and burst through the door, discussing the plans for the weekend and hang out plans. I absentmindedly slowly put my things in my backpack. My mind still busy.