Chapter Twenty Four: Beautiful And Broken

***

Trigger Warning-

If any of my lovely readers are sensitive to self-harm and depression you are welcome to skip until satisfied. Enjoy and keep the tissues ready.

***

Isabella's POV

I felt nothing but wanting to fall. I laid on the ground staring above me. The stars glittered in the moonlight and the soft grass cushioned the ground beneath me. It was the perfect scene, with the waves crashing in the background and natures finest at their peaks. 

I hated it.

The peacefulness did nothing to take away the war that's consuming me whole. The darkness I have locked away for so many months came pouring out in bucket loads. 

The world around me so intact, I was broken in the centre of it. I was burning in cold fire. I was drowning in air. 

I slowly lifted my hand above my head gazing at the artwork sketched upon my wrists. Blood still trickled down lightly, tickling my skin.

 I felt nothing. I didn't feel the blade pierce through my skin. I didn't feel the screams of my inner voice telling me to stop.

No, I wasn't trying to kill myself. I would never, knowing the girls wouldn't have me there.

I was diverting the pain from my chest. Diverting the inner hurt that exploded in me and restricted me from breathing. The pounding in my ears and the burning of my throat. I wanted it to stop.

But it didn't' work. I was still chaos. I was still suffering.

Why she left me? Why did she leave when she was all I had. Why did I do to deserve this? She saved me from nightmares only to bring new ones back. She gave me love only to leave because I didn't save her. I didn't save her.

Gracy, I didn't save you...

*** 

Ethan's POV 

Its been a day since Isabella hasn't been in school. And it's driving me crazy. Where is this girl? My chests aching without her and my heads been busting thinking of where she could have gone.

I laid on my bed running my hands over my face.

I miss her. I do. Even if I'm supposed to be forgetting about her and not feeling the way I feel, honestly she is worth it. Hopefully...

Isabella, please come back...

Sitting on my bed, my head reeling. I had enough. I got up abruptly and walked to my desk. I grabbed my phone and looked for the number I managed to get. 

The phone rang.

Three rings later she picked up...

Her voice was shaky, "Hel-llo?"

"Alaska," I said relieved.

"Sorry um who is this?" She spoke a bit louder and sniffed.

Was she crying?

"Hey sorry. This is Ethan." I replied hesitantly

I could imagine the confused face she made when I revealed myself.

"Ethan? How did you get my number?"

I paced the room and quickly replied-

"It doesn't matter. Uh, I wanted to ask you if you know where Isabella had been?"

I waited impatiently as the phone went eerily silent.

Then she spoke in barely a whisper-

"Yeah..."

My hopeful voice filled my silent room-

"Can you tell me where she is? I need to see her. I mean she hasn't been in school since yesterday and-"

She then started crying on the phone. I was in shock. Why was this cheery girl crying? 

"Ethan she doesn't want anyone near here. She hasn't been home at all. I know where she is but I- I- I don't know! Ethan, I'm scared. This is not a good time for her and I'm afraid this will be the last time we see her."

My heart stopped. Oh no...

"Alaska I'm gonna need you to please tell me where she is."

"Ethan I can't. She wouldn't speak to me again. We've lost enough. We can't lose her too." 

Her words were very cryptic but I didn't push. I was persistent in finding Isabella. I had to?

"From what you've told me, we never would get the chance to see her again. So tell me where the fuck she is because I'm losing my sanity for some absurd reason not knowing where this girl is. She left and not in a normal way. So Alaska I'm gonna ask you again to please tell me where this girl is or I swear I will drive around this whole town to find where Bella is. So care to make this easier for me and tell me where she is?"She was silent after my rant. I let words slip. I was angry. But all were true. I really need to find her because Isabella is no ordinary girl. She is special. We can't lose her. 

I can't lose her...

Alaska seemed to be contemplating the whole situation until she murmured the words to end my madness.

As soon as it escaped her lips I was running out of my room and right to my Merc.

***

The waves hit the shore and the scent of the saltwater filled my nose. I stepped out of the car and looked around the green field that faded into the soft sand just before the ocean.

I gazed around in the dark night sky using the moon as my light. 

I saw a body sprawled across the grass. I heard a faint voice flying with the wind. A pain-filled and angelic voice. It was soft and due to the waves, I barely heard it. But I heard her.

She was here. 

My heart jolted as I walked gently to her. She didn't notice me. She was stuck in her head. I caught her gazing at her hand, or more specifically her wrist. My breath hitched silently but like before I didn't let my presence be known.

I listened to her, allowing her voice to float around us.

There goes my heart beating
Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

There goes my hands shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
And I need you now

If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, cause I need you to see
That you are the reason...

Why is this beautiful girl so broken...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys, I hope yourl enjoyed this chapter. Sorry about switching POV's like that.

Sorry if yourl shed tears but don't worry. The tears are well worth it.

Love you guys and I plan on posting another chapter soon.

xoxo xcrazymonkeyx