Chapter Twenty Eight: Mysterious One

I was laughing my head off. I looked at Ethan grinning as wide as me as I ducked behind a wall.

"Bella! You can run but you can never hide. I'm just that irresistible." Ethan's voice sounded somewhat far. I dashed to hide behind another wall.

It went eerily quiet and my breathing shallowed slightly and I breathed in deeply. I could hear my heart beating loudly.

I peered silently. I breathed a sigh of relief when I didn't see him anywhere.

Then I stilled as I felt hot breath hit my ear.

"Found you..." My heart skipped a beat as he huskily whispered. And out of shock, I scram.

"Holy Mother of Jesus!" I shrieked again before bolting to safety.
I felt his hands wrap around my waist preventing me from going any further. I jolted back and a giggle left my lips. He laughed as I struggled against him. Stupid Barstad.

My back was pressed against his front. I honestly thought he could feel my heart beating rapidly we lapsed into silence, our breathing in synch. Our grins never leaving our faces.

"So Isabella, now time your punishment..."

Yourl pretty confused aren't yourl. Oops sorry, I might have skipped a part. Hold up!

"This is your sanctuary?" I questioned. I peered around me.

This building was surely abandoned. Cracked walls and walls that fell apart due to old age.

"Well not this part," He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "We have to head to the top."

So he unexpectedly grabbed my hand in his warm one and jogged towards the right where are rusty steel staircase.

"Is that safe?" I asked cautiously. "Of course it is. I've climbed it many times." He replied confidently. I gave him a questioning look and raised an eyebrow at him.

He groaned and urged me on first. "Come on Bella, trust me, it's fine. I'll even walk behind you so if you fall I'll catch you." His voiced lowered and I couldn't brush off the double meaning to those words.

"I'll catch you, Isabella, trust me..." He said in a whisper. I breathed in and climbed the staircase. I felt the heat of his hands that situated next to my waist in case he felt I would fall. My heart unexpectedly felt a warm sensation creep in.

When we reached the top he smiled at me and proudly said-

"See! We made it." I rolled my eyes at him and averted it to my surroundings. I gasp left me as I saw the endless amount of Graphite Art on almost every inch of the walls. Spray cans lay discarded on the floors. The art was explicit and bright.

"You like it?" Ethan's voice brought me back to earth and I stared at him. He had a shy smile on his face. Ethan... shy? Wow.

"Did you do this?" I questioned unbelievably.

I caught on to my tone and chuckled. "What happened Moore? Didn't think I was capable of something like this?"

I stared at him in awe.

What? It's not every day you find out the worlds most egocentric Golden Boy turns out to be this amazing Artist.

I shook my head and breathed out.

"It's amazing." I softly confessed.

I looked at him and he looked around with a spark in his eye. It was as if the spark indicated that he was finally home.

"It's my escape." He said almost so quietly I thought I imagined it. Until he spoke again, "It's my heaven. A place to getaway. Where I can be myself. No judgment. No stupid labels. No problems. These walls are a way to express everything I feel."

I tilted my head to the side as if it would help me figure out this boy in front of me. His gaze was locked on the surroundings before him. When his eyes met my curious ones he asked smiling slightly, "What?"

"You a mysterious one, aren't you Ethan?"

"Well, it gets the ladies, so no secrets revealed." He smirked and winked.

And the moment ended.

I walked around the room studying the artwork upon the walls. The contrasts and funky look to it were exciting and told a story.

I was passing walls until I stopped at a painting with so many emotions.

It was an enlarged heart with pieces of it falling. Like a heart crumbling. But then I saw the wires connecting to it like it was on support. Like a health issue.

I placed my hand on the wall trying to feel the emotions displayed on this wall.

I felt him come closer and I turned my gaze to him. he stared intently at the wall with hard eyes. He then stood right over my shoulder and I felt his scent encase me. I turned around and miss judged my step so I kind of collided with his chest. He trapped me against the wall his eyes closed. He wasn't looking at me but I studied him.

The curve of his nose, high cheekbones, strong jaw. His face was almost perfectly symmetrical. I did notice a scar just across his right brow.

My body reacting on its own, I felt my hand trace his hot skin. He inhaled and deeply before looking at me.

"You know Isabella... I also know you keep secrets. I look at you and think what goes on in that head of yours. I tell myself not to come near you but I'm drawn." He spoke in a soft gruff voice that caused shivers to run up my spine.

My hand ran through his soft hair feeling it slip through my fingers silkily. I can't take so many emotions. I'm not used to it.

With a boost of confidence, I leaned closer, feeling him tense. I brought my mouth to his ear and whispered sensually-

"Well, I'm just that irresistible."

He had this shocked look and I used that to my advantage, slipping under his arm and running for dear life.

(back to the present)

He still held me close, his breath fanning the back of my neck every time he let out a thoughtful sigh.

"Well, I could do many things... Its a matter of choosing between Pg13 and R rated honestly. "

I scoffed at his words.

"If you wanna keep that tongue of yours, you will keep it PG." I laughed lightly.

"But it wouldn't fun now, would it? Let's make it more exciting. I wanna a lovely kiss on the cheek. Yep, that's it. Oh, and you have to say 'Ethan is the sexiest boy you've ever met'."

I turned around trying to keep a straight face at his ridiculousness. So I did the first thing that came to my mind.

I kissed my palm and slapped my right hand on his cheek with a Thwack. His startled expression was hilarious.

I slipped ou his arms and said, " Ethan is the sexiest baffoon I've ever met." And then I burst out laughing when Ethan's face turned annoyed and he gave me a look.

Mahn, I wish I could laugh like this forever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omg Hey guys.

I have like no school today so I was like, 'hey except for being the lazy ass I am, let's give the people what they want'

And TADA theres a chapter.

Enjoy and comment, vote and share

Love you all.

xoxo xcrazymonkeyx