Chapter Fifteen: Detention Part 1

Looking slightly at my left at Ethan...I sighed soundlessly. He was back. After two weeks, and he was back. And I smiled. Because I'm happy he is back. He looked the same, though a bit paler. His hair was the same and he also smelled the same. Good cologne and peppermint. Now one of my favourites smells in the world.

I slowly leaned to the side a bit and took a discreet whiff of at this scrumptious smell. Hah.

"Did you just sniff me?"

I stopped short. I cautiously turned my head towards Ethan and let out a nervous laugh. He raised a perfect eyebrow at me while I tried to keep my face blank and voice calm.

"No-o," Damn. "No. I wasn't. Why do you ask?"

He let out a silent chuckle and turned to the front, returning his focus back to the lesson.

"Oh, no reason..." He said while pushing his foot to kick mine.

I was surprised by his gesture but kicked back.

For the next five minutes, the teacher drawled on while Ethan and I played footsie under the table. Silently giggling every time he would hit the desk instead of my foot.

"Ethan and Isabella!"

Simultaneously, our heads snapped to the front. Mrs Phillip looking a bit worked up for no particular reason.

Yah right.

Oh, look who's back?

Never left Belle.

Oh, how I wish you did...

"Mr Storm, would you and Miss Moore refrain from talking or else the next sound that leaves your mouth will earn you two a detention slip. Loud and clear?"

'Yes, Mrs Phillip."

Both of us said in unison.

We glanced at each other stifling a giggle. We then tried focusing back on the lesson. Keyword being tried. Because not even two minutes passed and we were at it again. Ethan nudged me in the rib lightly causing me to giggle, surprisingly. Normally I'm not really ticklish.

I nudged him back for good measure and brought my focus back to Mrs Phillip. That didn't help as Ethan then lightly poked my stomach.

By now I could see the fumes coming out of Mrs Phillips ears as she heard each shuffle or giggle that perked her goblin ears.

Mrs Phillip was a total goblin. She was short and stumpy. Her face was in a permanent scowl and her ears were freakishly pointy.

I stiffened as I felt Ethan's warm breath tickling my ear...

"Let's see what can push her over the edge?"

I shifted in my seat a bit uncomfortable with the close proximity but tried not to show it.

My voice barely above a whisper, "You wouldn't...?"

"Sure I would."

Trying to remain calm as Ethan contemplated on what to do to boil our teacher's brains I picked up my folder paging through it to see if I needed to get any extra notes. The folder still in hand I felt Ethan shuffle his chair a bit so his chair was almost connected to mine.

Then I felt his warm lips press against my cheek and I stiffened completely. My face had shock written all over it as he didn't move his lips from my now brightly coloured cheeks. My folder dropped from my fingers making a 'splat' on the desk.

Ethan smiled against my cheek before pulling away. I turned towards him, still perplexed at what he did. The fact he did this in front of the whole class made my eyes swim with fury. The whole class was dead silent, all their attention on us. Mrs Phillip looked like a tomato now.