Chapter Twenty Two: Ego- Elephant

My weekend flew. It grew wings and flew like no one's watching.

It went something like:

Eat
Sleep
Homework
Eat
BOOM! Monday.

That's about it. I was oversleeping a lot since I haven't been sleeping. It's quite odd honestly. Normally I can't close my eyes a wink during the night. I have too many thoughts running through my head. But I think I have been so exhausted lately, I'm too tired to even think.

Scary isn't it.

I surround myself in fear. Fear of too many things. I live and revolve around it. It could be small fears or big fears, but it's this constant fear that envelopes me in a whole and I can't breathe. From the fear of the people around me to the fear of my self. Fearing yourself is the scariest.

I've always had the problem of letting my thoughts consume me. Alaska tells me that I shouldn't. But I can't, or won't. I prefer to live in a life with no expectations and hope. They have always crushed me. Every expectation I had turned against me. I lost hope after I lost love. My hope died with my heart.

Recently though my heart has started beating. Funny as it sounds but yep, totally true. My hearts reacting to emotions, emotions I haven't even known were part of me. Why?!

MY hearts BEATING!

Well fuck...

***

I walked silently to my locker, as usual, my head down and my curtains permanently are drawn.

I put my pin in and grabbed the handle swiftly pulling it open. I shoved books and grabbed books. I was frustrated, my thoughts from this morning still haven't left my darn head.

Stupid head and everything in it.

Hey, I'm in here too...

Exactly. Stupid brain and all that's in it.

Well- well-uh- You also stupid.

Wow well done. You deserve the award for the worst comeback known to one.

Ugh! You mean.

Isabella-1 Bitch-0

I looked around the corridor after smacking my locker closed. The jocks were chatting loudly and the cheerleaders were basically shoving themselves on them. Tsk tsk tsk, cheerleaders will always be the same. Slutty and dum as a dodo bird.

I searched the corridor expecting someone to pitch up. But who?

OMG! Expectations...

I don't have expectations. Oh no! Things are getting way of hand. I shook my head, assuming that everything will just fall out my head but alas, that was unlikely. So I blanked myself out from everything and walked to class.

Class was boring. Math is boring. I hate it. never liked it. Gosh why do all the necessities in life have to suck; Math, School, Lovers, Teachers and so on.

Gosh. Talk about life.

***

I was walking to the library when I heard someone shout my name. I whipped my head up and looked around. Speeding my way I saw the one and only Douglas Everton going all quarterback on me.

Stuck like a deer in headlights I watched frighteningly as this bulldozer lunged for me. My brain clicked suddenly and I instinctively side-stepped his body. Immediately he landed face flat on the tiles.

OOF!

"Fuck!" I heard him shout as his face made contact with the floor.

I burst out laughing as he turned around, still lying on the floor, and gave me a funny face.
He scowled at me and I saw how red his nose became. Surprisingly it wasn't broken or bleeding. He did though have a nasty purple bruise forming on his forehead.

From below he crossed his arms and glared at me from above. Lol, this boy.

"Aren't you gonna help me up, Missy?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm sorry Douggie. You must weigh a ton and I don't exactly have the muscle capacity to pick up an elephant." I smiled slyly at him and he pouted at me.

"I am not an elephant." He said whiningly at me. "I am a perfect human with beautiful godly features. No way close to a fat elephant."

Looks like ego runs in both his and Ethan's veins. Must be one of the many things they have in common.

"Okay up Ego- Elephant, let's take you to the nurse. You got a big ass bruise on your forehead."
I chuckled and gripped his warm hand in mine and pulled him up. Wow. There weren't any tingles. That's odd. Doesn't that happen to all of the boys I touch?

No stupid.

And exactly why should I be listening to you Brit? You are as stupid as a cockatoo.

Well for one, you are a bookworm and should know about shit like that and second, I am practically part of your brain. Oh, and let's not forget that you don't exactly touch a lot of the male species.

A horrified look crossed his face as he immediately clasped a hand on his forehead.
"Oh fuck no! I can't be having this. Nuh-uh."

I laughed as he kept ranting and gently tugged at the guy's hand so we could make it to the nurse's office. Man, he definitely weighed a ton.

He stumbled a bit and I unconsciously gripped onto his arm. He muttered "thanks", still gingerly touching his bruise and wincing.

And then my heart started to thud. It started beating. Why? I looked around me as we walked and immediately my gaze pulled to the boy with absolutely beautiful eyes. His eyes though were hard and his fists were clenched and his gaze was trained to my hand around Douglas's waist, to keep him steady of course.

I watched him shake his head and put on a smirk but I for one know what's the difference between fake and real.

I brushed off his sudden switch and walked towards him. Dragging the elephant with me.

He strides towards me and as a drum, my heartbeat started to beat faster. HE can't be the reason. Can he?

"Hey, guys. What's up with this one?" Ethan shoved a thumb in Douggie's direction.

I giggled before briefly explaining the situation. Ethan couldn't stop laughing at Douglas the whole way to the nurse's office.

And then reality struck.

MY brain was in overdrive. I didn't laugh.

How could I have forgotten? I don't deserve this happiness. Especially when it was so close.

No no no no!

NO!

I turned sharply around. I didn't care whether they shouted my name. Whether I hit into someone or didn't. I just ran.

I ran to the one place I knew best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Thanks so much for the comments and votes. Hope yourl are enjoying the story.

Keep reading and stay tuned. I'll be posting another chapter soon.

Bye, sweet lovlies <3

xoxo xcrazymonkeyx