Chapter Thirty One: Purpose

Waking up with a bursting headache and not knowing how you ended up in bed is the worst feeling ever. To top it all off I had school.

I groaned as I dragged myself up feeling my body constrict. I felt so stiff and sore.

I felt as though a thousand hammers were pounding my head as I sat up straight. I looked at the old alarm clock on the wall and peered around the empty room.

11:25. Hmm, the rooms empty.

OH MY GOD! I'm late. Holy shit!

I scrambled out of bed hurriedly and threw my covers off my body, walking to the dresser at record speed. I grabbed my iPod off the dresser and surprisingly saw an Advil, a glass of water and a note with my name scrawled across it.

It read-

Take the Advil, it will help with the hangover. I already called the school so they know you would be in late.

A.B

So it wasn't a dream. She did help me and pull me off the roof. I thought I wouldn't remember much of yesterday but when Bullen pulled me off I sobered up a bit.

I couldn't bring my mind to the fact that she cared. She cared about me and maybe it would be because she can't allow another one of her children die but then again she wouldn't have held me while I cried.

My mind went back and forth about Bullen's true intentions and to why she cared all of a sudden. I was ready and out the door by 11:45.

***

When I got to school It was it already halfway through the fifth period so I went to the library to pass time. What I didn't know was that there were other students there as well. So when I entered the library a lot of eyes met my figure.

I forgot or rather didn't realise how much attention I was drawing towards myself. With Ethan and his presence always floating around me, my popularity gained considerably.

Whether it was a good or bad thing, I was yet to find out.

As I skimmed the bookshelves, I smelt an overwhelming amount of perfume, clog my nose.

Oh look, I found out. Cue eye-roll.

Speaking on impulse and slightly choked I said-

"Geez tone down on the perfume before you kill someone girly. People in China can smell you." I didn't bother turning around, only when someone annoyingly cleared their throat did I bother to provide a bit of attention to this annoyance.

Fed up with the "Suffocator" I turned around ready to snap.

My voice got caught as the Bitch herself stood in front of me. Two Identically clothed idiots were standing a step behind her. Entouràge and everything- how fancy?

Hey, look Brit, it's one of you. How fabulous?

We both know that I am nothing like her.

I bet she is as annoying as you. I think her names, Betha-something.

See, and my name's Brittany. Not close to being me.

It's practically the same.

Well, if you calling me a bitch you also calling yourself one because I am technically you but your sub-conscious form.

Oh shit. I forgot about that.

"Freak, you there?" What's-her-face said. One of the Bitch's minions.

Unfair, I wanted a minion to do my homework. Stupid world, you unfair.

I rolled my eyes at them discreetly and put a fake smile on my face. She is indeed terrifying in a sense that her fake blond hair, and mask of make-up makes her plastic-like. Living Barbie dolls these three are. Clothes tight and revealing, shoes so high you'd think they wanted to play freaking Tag with the airplanes in the sky.

I politely asked in the most sarcastic tone I proved were worth these three bimbos-
" And who do I owe the pleasure of this very unfortunate encounter?"

I was not in the mood for petty chats and insults. I still felt hollow inside and void of any emotions relating to care especially. I was tired, my hangover still lurking and the events of yesterday still buzzing in my head. I had no time for worthless stupid bimbos.

"Look here bitch," Betha-I don't care began. Her voice was nasally and definitely upped her level on my irritation bar. "Stay away from Ethan Storm. He is mine-"

I cut her off already wanting to die from this girl's presence.

"Everything is yours Barbie-Doll. And guess what? My care-cups empty and that means in simple that I don't give a fuck. Now either go do yourself a favor and get rid of your caked faces from my line of vision or get a personal nose job from yours truly," I motioned towards myself.

Her face and her two minions mirrored horror and fear. I was slightly shocked at how they really thought I was a freak because I chose not to speak to anyone and keep to myself. How they feared me and looked at me as though I wasn't human. It was kind of pathetic.

"Your pick..." I ended my speech. I smirked at her with a cold glare and watched as she scrambled away from me with her minions not far behind.

It upset me knowing that even though I was just like them; a normal ( slightly haunted) teenage girl, who went to the same school as them, they treated me like an alien in their territory. A broken girl just like most of us this school. In a way we were all the same yet so different at the same time.

We were different people, from different levels. Same ending, fighting different devils.

We were together yet so far apart. Two thousand or two million people, at least five of every twenty don't live normal. Because humans aren't normal. We may say we normal and that those with disabilities and extreme insecurities were abnormal, but honestly they are as normal as we are- or rather abnormal.

Everyone has their insecurities, secrets, talents that make them anything but normal. Because every human is extraordinary. Every human is judged by another, considered so much and also so little. This leads to social-standards as well, which I find unnecessary.

Everyone of these students in this school has a purpose. Each and everyone has a desire worth waking up to. They dreams may be filled now or later. A purpose they will be inflicted with.

And here I stood, seemingly unable to recognize mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone. Sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't forget to comment and provide input. Every word is taken into account.

I hope you all like the new cover- credits to my buddie heyitsgray_.
Thank you so much. You are such a charm .

Love you all loads

Until next time fellow readers... <3

xoxo xcazymonkeyx