Chapter Nine: Storm And The Mental

School, AKA Hell.

Yep, I officially hate school.

When I walked through the front door, immediately it felt as if the whole world had come to a standstill. Everyone had their eyes on me. This definitely didn't help the fact that I was still recovering from my incident last night.

I had a huge noticeable bruise on my face as well as multiple bruises on my stomach. My ribs were still screaming, every step was excruciating making me wince.

I had worn a long sleeved top with some loose track pants so it wasn't so hard to move around. My back pained the most as I did slam onto the floor twice. My hair served as a curtain to cover my bruise and hideous bags under my eyes. I drowned out the noiseless hallway and dived into my busy head. 

I had about 3 hours tops of sleep. I was kept awake by the monsters that lured its way into my sub-conscious. My feet carried me to my locker and I opened it softly. Peering inside to take a quick look at my timetable:

English

AP Maths

Art

First three periods, not bad. I grabbed all my necessary books and shut my looker. My heart leapt when I found Alaska next to me, a smile spread across her face. You see, I came to school a bit late because the medication I took in order to ease the pain caused me to oversleep. I gave her a weak smile in return.

"Hi Bella, you feeling ok?"

" Besides feeling like I just got run over by a truck then slaughtered into a million pieces then had those pieces sewed back together...I would say I am doing just fine. How 'bout you?"

She flashed me a sympathetic look and before she could say anything the warning bell rang signalling that classes would start soon. 

Without another word from myself to Alaska I walked around her heading to the first period. 

***

Classes went fairly well. Besides the occasional glance here and there I survived. Its what I always do... I survive.

I slowly made my way to the cafeteria hoping that no one would notice me in the crowd of students. Sadly as soon as I walked through the cafeteria doors everyone went silent. I mean seriously, It was just a kiss. Nothing happened. Unless they miraculously know my whole life story, I don't see a reason why they should be staring.

I kept my head down, heading toward the line. I grabbed an apple even though I didn't have an appetite. Slowly the noise in the cafeteria escaped from its invisible cage and the students were already bustling about.

My hand gripped the apple harder as I realised how lonely I felt. I wasn't only physically alone, I felt alone. That emptiness inside me kept spreading. Creating a huge hole inside of me. I have never felt this alone. I mean yes, I got Alaska and the girls, but then that's all. I don't have anyone else. Alaska has her own friends and so does Steph.

I briskly walked toward the bleaches and sighing as I was just so exhausted with all this unnecessary shit.

Not really paying attention to where I was walking I mistakenly bumped my shoulder into someone. I hissed out as pain shout through it but still kept walking, not really caring who the person was or saying sorry. 

"Hey, Don't I get a sorry?"

I stopped walking and sighed. I seriously am not in the mood for this. All I wanted was to have a quiet lunch under the bleachers. I decided to brush the comment and proceded walking. Suddenly I heard rushed footsteps and I was roughly turned by a boy whose identity was still unknown.