Chapter Forty One: Sound Of His Heart

Waking up to a warm hand strung across your body is almost the best thing in the world. His scent engulfed me like non-other and I snuggled closer wanting to forget this moment ever.

I turned, struggling slightly to refrain from waking Ethan up. When I managed to face him his gorgeous face was inches from mine and he looked so peaceful. I halted from the overwhelming feeling of wanting to trace his face delicately. Instead, I concluded by placing it on his chest wanting to feel his heartbeat.

I waited patiently to feel it thump.

Da-dump.

Pause. Pause.

A minute must have past before the panic rose until I felt a faint thump again. Breathing heavily I spoke gently.
"Ethan" I shook his shoulder.
"Ethan wake up."

"Baby. Wake up. Ethan! Ethan baby." I was now out of his arms and straddling him, shaking his shoulders. My entire body filled with dread when his eyes remained shut.

Fear was riling up and I didn't know what to do but let it overwhelm me.

I heard shuffling and I snapped my head to Alaska who was stirring in her sleep.

"Alaska! Alaska wake up! Wake the fuck up!" I was screaming and the other girls were waking up as well.

Turning back to Ethan I brought my head to his heart and listened...

It's not beating strong!

It's going to stop!

Nononono!
NO!

Baby Please!! Wake up for me. Wake up for your family, for Douglas. Please, I'm begging you.

"Someone call the damn ambulance!"

It was chaos but I paid no attention to it. All my focus was on the boy I love who was currently not waking up. I can't lose him. He means too much to me. He's mine and I'm his. I'm nothing without him.

The girls were rushing in and out the door. Bullen was in the room getting the twins and Starla out the room. Steph and Penelopy were rushing around the room. Alaska was calling 911. I was lost and feeling absolutely helpless knowing he wasn't waking up. But it didn't stop my vigorous shaking.

Everything was a total blur. Paramedics burst through the door. I was screaming and crying as they were trying to pry me away from him.

"No don't take me away. I need him. He needs me. NO! I need to be with him, ple-please."
I was struggling in the hold of a woman and man. I watched as they placed an oxygen mask over his mouth, they rolled him lifelessly onto a stretcher.

"Miss, I need you to please calm down. We are helping him. We need you to cooperate." The women told me. She pleaded with me but right now, I was sinking.

I was scared, heartsore and just helpless. I can't do anything but watch.

I didn't feel my feet run after them when they left the driveway or when my knees hit the ground when they buckled and gave out.

I looked around me as Agnus rushed in front of me and I looked up at her, bloodshot eyes and limp body.

"C'mon sweetheart, let's get the car and we can go."

***

Rushing in, I sped to the reception and slapped my palms hard on the cool counter. The receptionist was on the phone and didn't look up or even acknowledge my presence.

Oh, no Bitch, don't do this now...

I cleared my throat but all she did was raise a finger. My blood was rising quickly.