Epilogue

"Mrs Storm! You have a visitor!"

I looked over the hedges of the glowing blossoms and I watched as a beautiful little girl came barreling in through the greenhouse doors. 

In an instant, a smile broke out on my face quickly. Placing the shears down on a nearby box and then brushing my dirty gloved-hands on my bright orange apron. I remove the gloves just before two small arms wrap around my hips.

I bend down to my knees and wrap my arms back around my amazing daughter. I sigh contently when I smell the soft cinnamon wafting off her hair. 

"Mummy mummy, hurry! Daddy's waiting and we have to hurry."

I laughed at my over-energetic four-year-old. She drives me crazy but I love her with every bit of me. I stood up and removed my apron while she gazed around the sun-lit flowers and plants. The green-tinted windows cast an enchanting glare upon the several carnations, roses and many more. 

It's been a long ten years since high school and I honestly didn't see myself running my very own greenhouse. I remember getting interested in gardening when I visited Ethan's grandmother in South Africa about five years ago. Since then I found it was like a peacemaker for me. I safe heaven-or something like that. 

I tug on my hand brought me back from my reminiscing and I gazed into my girly's blue-green eyes. Just like her fathers. Her button nose and dark brown she inherited from me. She was small and fragile and I cherished her with every little thread in my body.

"C'mon mummy! We wasting time." She held my hand tightly and was trying to pull me out of my spot with the little strength she had. I chuckled at her attempt before surrendering.

"Okay okay, Gracy. Let me grab the flowers first kay?" She beamed at me before enthusiastically nodding.

I love my daughter. Gracy Agnus Storm. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. 

"Alaska!?" I looked around before my eyes landed on my favourite crazy woman on this earth.

"Yes, sugar!"  Her head popped up from the rose bush and I giggled at the slight smudge of dirt grazing her cheek. She poked a brow at me before giving me an eyes roll and attempting to remove the smudge with the top of her wrist.

"I'm heading out now, kay? Call if you need me." She gave me a gleaming smile and called back, "Bye Hunnies. Say 'Hi' to the Hottie for me." 

I gave her a playful glare before rolling my eyes at her antics and grabbing Gracy's hand and walking to the front of the building where the gardening products and equipment were displayed. I walked behind the cashier counter and to the staff room. I dragged Gracy to a chair near the staff table and strutted to the freezer and unlocked it. 

The coolness of the icicles nipped at my exposed skin and made me shiver. My breath swirled delicately into the air in front of me as I sighed into the cold. I walked to the back and grabbed a beautiful arrangement of lilies and a small bouquet of blue roses. 

I breathed in slightly when I shiver ran up my spine. 

I looked behind me and saw Gracy gazing in with a bright smile on her face. I quickly scattered out with the roses in my right hand and the lilies in my left.

"C'mon sweetie, daddy awaits." She beamed once more. She reached out for the lilies and I handed it to her.

***

The sky was a blinding blue with the sun gleaming strongly. The wind was cool contrasting with the hot glare of the sun's raise. My larger hand was grasping my daughter's as we walked across the old cobble-stoned path and the quiet of the graveyard was deafening. The secrets and stories in one place were unknowingly intriguing.