Part-18

Thank you all for responses.I would not be able to update for few days because going on a trip.Keep showering your love on this story..

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The flashbacks are in Italics

------------------------------------------

Flashback

New Delhi

"Nisha! Nahin ro mat beta..Aaja meri god mein.''Naina cajoled and brought a crying at top of lungs Nisha into her lap.

"Mu..mma ''Nisha growled and cried squealing in between.

"Mumma yahin hai na.. ''Naina spoke involuntarily not realizing that Nikita was no more to rush out from her room to hold Nisha in arms.

"Mum..aaa! ''Nisha grunted as she scrambled over Naina's breasts and chest to find her mother's warmth.

Tears of helplessness rolled down Naina's eyes as she held Nisha closest to her heart. You start with a darkness to move through but sometimes the darkness moves through you.

Nisha fell asleep in her arms as Naina tried to study for her final practical examinations of Post-graduation.She had missed classes and since no-one was there to take care of Nisha ,Naina voluntarily missed the classes to look after her.Her friends have been kind enough to lend her notes.

With the nipple of milk bottle inserted in her mouth;Nisha had dozed off peacefully in Naina's arms much to relief of her.She at last got some time to cook something to feed her stomach.

The door bell went off as she set out to chop some vegetables.

"Aap koun?'' Naina asked as she opened the door to a tall yet ungracefully thin boy ;same as of her age; sporting her a broad smile.

"Main Vikram Chauhan,M.Sc.LLB .Legal advisor,Two Eagles Company'' The boy introduced and stepped forward before Naina formally invited her.The attitude somewhat made Naina uneasy.

"Suzanne ne apke bare mein nahin bataya tha.Aap uski ane ka wait karenge?''Naina asked while Vikram made himself easy on the Mexican Teakwood sofa.

"Suzanne se main baat kar liya hoon.Sirf ek file to lena hai. ''Vikram spoke with all his assurance laced in tone to make Naina feel at ease but his words surely made Naina's heart race at some 100 beats per minute.

"FILE?Mujhe wo sab ke bare mein nahin pata.Suzanne ko ane do.Aap abhi jaa sakte hein. ''Naina nearly shouted while Vikram looked a bit surprised at Naina's hysterical tone and attitude.No doubt she had just lost her family like friends.

"Tum wardrobe kholo main khud dhund ke le jaunga.Der kiya to gadbad ho jayegi. ''Vikram shot another assured reply.

"Par..''Naina trailed only to hear cries of Nisha.

"Tum Nisha ko sambhalo main file dekhta hun.'' Vikram spoke as he unabashedly entered the bedroom.

In between trying to pacify a crying Nisha to seeing the already boiling water on gas stove, Naina opened the wardrobe and Vikram just pounced ,rummaging through the big pile of files.

"Got it.Thanks... ''Vikram trailed with a smile.

"Naina.'' Naina replied while making Nisha feed the bottle cradling her in her arms.

"Main chalta hun.Bye.Take care of Nisha and Take care of Yourself ''Vikram's parting wishes and the smile really unsettled Naina.Though she could not fathom what was it disturbing her but few hours later her fears,her uneasiness and her intuitions all proved right..shocking her and breaking her.

Sameer -Naina FF : Kati Patangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें