Part 23

Hi All..Thank you for your responses and love for this story.Keep Voting.

Without much ado,here is the update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sameer!Tumse ek baat karni thi''. Naina said as she set the table for morning breakfast.Nanaji was recovering while Nisha and Rishav were bickering over who would use the wash basin first.He asked to go on as he helped her in setting the table.

"Wo..main college join kar rahi hun.Creative Course ki faculty ke liye appointment letter mila hai.''She informed and he looked at her in surprise first before breaking into happy smiles.

"Is mein puchne wali kya baat hai.All the best.Terms and Conditions padh liye hein na?Pay scale kitna hai?'' He asked out of practice of 3 years. Being in panel or board for recruitment he wanted to ensure her job is hassle free and there are no clauses which can land her in unwanted troubles.He absolutely wanted no further mess.

"18000 pay kar rahein hein.Ek saal ke baad 20,000 denge.Chuti state calendar ke hisab se baaki 15 din EL aur 15 CL hai.Classes mere Nisha ki school hour mein hai to problem nahin hai.Meetings,conferences handle karne honge bas..Itna sa kaam. ''She explained bringing the appointment letter and handing over to him.

"Hmm..acha hai.Bas tum khud ko jyada stress mat karna.Kabse join kar rahi ho?'' He asked carefully placing back the envelope.''Kal se hi''.She replied ,seemingly happy about another new beginning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sameer!Tum Nisha ki PTM main chale jao.Main College jaa rahi hun.Please.'' Naina voiced,urgency laced in her tone as she set her Cotton saree pleats.The mauve coloured saree had been lying dry cleaned since a year.Nikita had a penchant for Purple and its different shades,Naina had taken the trait of buying purple and buying Sarees.

Her first seminar talk at the college and she felt nostalgic.The first time she had heard to Nikita in a conference ,that's when she had remembered how the mauve coloured cotton saree enhanced her personality to manifolds,how the saree redefined her thoughts and was definitely more than just an apparel.She was truly impressed and today she wanted to live the moment.How she wished Nikita was there to watch her grow,watch her getting recognition,watch her loving Nisha a little more than yesterday,watch her first academic seminar talk and simply watch her.

"Taiyar ho gayi?'' He asked entering the room.She didn't realise that the door was ajar.She draped the saree around her upper body and suddenly caught his reflection in mirror.His eyes had different spark and that surely made her blush and going a bit weak on knees.She was not accustomed to anyone staring at her ,through the mirror,in years.This was new and she felt her inside feel queasy with the new found sensation.

"Tum andar.. kaise aaye?'' She asked fumbling and he could see the embarrassment written over her face.Living life on her own terms since years she was definitey not attuned to such sudden changes in her life..nor was he.He didn't want to scare her or make her feel uncomfortable,though his hands itched to straighten her saree pallu that was draped carelessly.

"Kajal laga lo.Achi dikhti ho.''He asked and searched for some papers Namrata had asked him to look for.He tried to keep himself busy so that she doesn't feel uncomfortable with the involuntary gazes from him.He watched her putting the mangalsutra,that he had gifted her in the wedding.He had seen her till then wearing a simple flower pendant.He was definitely surprised yet felt an undercurrent of happiness and pride surge inside him;it surely boosted his ego of husband. She opened the bottle of liquid sindoor and applied a bit of it at the parting of her hair.Neatly combing and tucking the long tresses in a ponytail she turned to look around and found that he was already staring.Seeming breathless and awed.

Sameer -Naina FF : Kati Patangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें